· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - What style flight do you shoot with?
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

What style flight do you shoot with?
    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Tools of the Trade
    View previous topic :: View next topic  

So what style flight do you shoot with?
    Standard
    62%
     62%  [ 22 ]
    Pear / Tear drop
    37%
     37%  [ 13 ]
    Total Votes : 35

Art
    Valued Former Moderator
    Valued Former Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use standard
    CaptCanada
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon - Standard
    habanerojooz
    WO-2 SEWA Ambassador
    WO-2 SEWA Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear shaped.

My darts stick in the board a little flatter with them. Overall, I like my darts to be flatter in the board because I'm more prone to have my second and third darts fly in with a little bit of arc and come down on the dart in the board. I stop short of calling this stacking as I'm not in the same league as Phil and Barney. Smile

With the full shaped flights, my darts are less flat in the board and arcing into the target (i.e. T20) with the second and third dart is more difficult. If you throw tight groups, try the pears and see what you think.

This is in contrast to Wayne Mardle who likes for his darts to stand up tall in the board (he uses standard flights). I spoke about that with him in Atlanta and he shared an interesting point of view on this while he was showing me his unique way of gripping and releasing his dart as he threw.
    ducks
    Dart Gunny
    Dart Gunny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard with my 22gr Laserdarts custom comp. steel tip darts

Coal cracker/slim with my 18 gr. John part soft tip.
    Fletcher
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: 353's Reply with quote

313 wrote:
    Anyone else use Vortex 353's...?

Been using the 353's for about a year now. They seem to give more stability than the coal cracker style. I'm so used to seeing the smaller size, when I occasionally try a dart with a standard flight the standard flight looks HUGE!

I also use the Unicorn Slik Sticks with the 353's, which is a little weird, since the 353's aren't long enough to fill in the slot. To fix this, I fill the slot with several coats of Teflon nail polish. Then I put a piece of heat skrink tuhing over that and then cover that with a coating of nail polish. With this combination, effectively, the flight and shaft are a single unit. It's an odd combination but it works for me.

Considering the origin of my name, it probably makes sense that I have one of the most labor intensive flight/shaft combinations.

Fletcher
    Ophidian
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use pear flights. They work best for me.
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: 353's Reply with quote

Fletcher wrote:
    313 wrote:
    Anyone else use Vortex 353's...?

Been using the 353's for about a year now. They seem to give more stability than the coal cracker style. I'm so used to seeing the smaller size, when I occasionally try a dart with a standard flight the standard flight looks HUGE!

I also use the Unicorn Slik Sticks with the 353's, which is a little weird, since the 353's aren't long enough to fill in the slot. To fix this, I fill the slot with several coats of Teflon nail polish. Then I put a piece of heat skrink tuhing over that and then cover that with a coating of nail polish. With this combination, effectively, the flight and shaft are a single unit. It's an odd combination but it works for me.

Considering the origin of my name, it probably makes sense that I have one of the most labor intensive flight/shaft combinations.

Fletcher

Now that IS labor intensive... By the way, I used to play with SlikStiks and the bigger Vortex flights on my old 20g Jocky Wilson Datadarts almost twenty years ago. When I started playing again neither were available around here immediately, so I tried the 353's with short plastic stems, and have stuck with them since. I like the smaller flights (and I too prefer them to the slim style), and I found that I'd rather have the flight on the incoming dart slip out when I manage a tight enough grouping.
    Fletcher
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 353's Reply with quote

[/quote]
    Now that IS labor intensive...[/quote]

It is. However, I don't like having to fiddle with my flight/shafts during a match. With my one-piece flight/shatts all the work is done well prior to the match. If something happens to one (rare) all I have to do is fit on a new one and I know that it is in perfect shape, ready to go.

Like I said, I think it's something ingrained in me. I like to feel secure in the knowledge that my choosen weapon is ready for action. For me, that is worth extra pre-match work.

Fletcher
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Tools of the Trade All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Goto page Previous  1, 2
    Page 2 of 2

Jump to: