· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - Tournament Attire
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Tournament Attire
    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Tournaments and Competition
    View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you usually wear to a tournament?
    Sleeved/Collard shirt, Dress Slacks, Dress Shoes
    37%
     37%  [ 16 ]
    Sleeved/Collard shirt, Cargo or Casual Pants, Dress Shoes
    18%
     18%  [ 8 ]
    Sleeved/Collard shirt, Denim Jeans, Sneakers
    25%
     25%  [ 11 ]
    T-Shirt, Cargo or Casual Pants, Sneakers
    0%
     0%  [ 0 ]
    T-Shirt, Denim Jeans, Sneakers
    16%
     16%  [ 7 ]
    T-Shirt, Cut-Offs or Shorts, Sandals
    2%
     2%  [ 1 ]
    Tank Top, Cut-Offs or Shorts, Sandals
    0%
     0%  [ 0 ]
    Total Votes : 43

filthypaddle
    Dart Sergeant
    Dart Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry-

I now understand what your intent was. I agree that if the rules require it, then that is the way it is. Like I had said, if I can get away with my "comfortable clothes" (shorts, jeans, t-shirt etc) then I will. If the league/tourney requires slacks and dress shoes, etc, then I will do that. Thank you for clarifying your intent of your post. Cool
    Drac0
    Valued Former Moderator
    Valued Former Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might have to start 'dressing for darts' a little more and see what happens. Looking the part can help make you feel the part, but I never really associated doing it with darts. Normal dress for me is team shirt, jeans and runners/comfortable walkers. Actually bought myself a couple of pairs of dress shoes yesterday, will need to see if they're comfortable enough to play in, especially for long periods.
    Boddington_Paul
    Valued Former Moderator
    Valued Former Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sorta JUST STARTED going to tournaments. Last year I wore a Poloshirt from my watering hole, shorts, and sneakers. This year i started to dress up so now I am doing the whole Slacks Shirt and Shoes
    AmericanBadAss
    Senior Moderator Team SEWA Original
    Senior Moderator Team SEWA Original

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the key is dress for comfort.

I can barely move my arm to throw in most dress shirts. Don't know why, just is what it is. Plus I need the ankle support that only high top sneakers can provide so shoes would be another issue.
    RIP Donnie Kelley..teammate, champion, and friend.
    Chitown599
    2017 Site Sponsor and Senior Mod

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry,
    Not to beat a dead horse but I have beaten some of the top dart pros in shorts and sneakers. The cloths don't throw your darts, the person in the cloths throws them the last I knew.

Sure, it might be better for the game and look more professional but just because your not all dressed up does not mean you don't care about your game or don't expect to get to the finals.

I have gotten to the finals many times in my day and have won some of them as well and I have never dressed up. SO for you to say players that don't dress up don't do well in tournaments, that is a false statement.
    2010/11 Fall S.A. State champions, Makin Treble
    Presently not playing
    Barry_French
    Dart Gunny
    Dart Gunny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chitown599 wrote:
    Barry,
    Not to beat a dead horse but I have beaten some of the top dart pros in shorts and sneakers. The cloths don't throw your darts, the person in the cloths throws them the last I knew.

Sure, it might be better for the game and look more professional but just because your not all dressed up does not mean you don't care about your game or don't expect to get to the finals.

I have gotten to the finals many times in my day and have won some of them as well and I have never dressed up. SO for you to say players that don't dress up don't do well in tournaments, that is a false statement.

Chitown,

If people turn up to tournaments, knowing that they have to be dressed according to rules to take part in the final (on stage) and ignore the rules, then they can't be expecting to reach the final, otherwise they would would dress according to the 'stage rules'.

I'm not saying that if you don't wear slacks/dart shirt you ain't a serious player, because that isn't the case at all. If the rule isn't in place then fair enough (as long as you don't wear a birthday suit Razz ) but if you want to reach the final where the rule applies, you have to dress properly. if you don't, you can't get there. Which means the people who aren't in 'stage attire' may not be totally expectant of a good run.

Hopefully I haven't offended you, I know you take your darts seriously. Hope I've clarified my point a little better. if not, sorry mate Very Happy I come in peace Laughing
    Chitown599

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry,
    I'm sorry, I guess I didn't understand your previous post. Of course if the tournament has the rule you must wear proper attire to play on stage in the finals I'd adhere to the rules. I just said I don't like to dress up. It's not just for darts, it's for anything. My wife gets mad at me for the same reason.

I just thought you meant if your not dressed up your not taking your darts serious and that that wasn't the case. On a funny note, I played in a tournament once where my partner had on farmer jeans and I had on shorts and wearing sneakers. We met a pro team that were blowing by everyone until the finals. We beat them 3 straight and only 1 game was close.

After the match they came up to us and asked who we were . after talking a bit they admitted they laughed when they saw us in the finals against them. They told their friends they would beat those 2 farmers in short order. Then they admitted they were wrong and shook our hands. So not dressing up can also work to your advantage. Thanks for explaining and no I wasn't mad I just felt I needed to make my point. That's why I love this forum, you can talk things out so hopefully everyone understands your point without getting angry.

Thanks for hearing me out and explaining your side.
    Frank
    2010/11 Fall S.A. State champions, Makin Treble
    Presently not playing
    CannonFodder
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wear the same attire in both tournaments and regular league. Collared shirt, dressy pants and my fairly dressy shoes. It's not to take the "high and mighty" approach or anything. I guess I just decided to do it because I preferred doing it that way. I cannot find any real compelling reasons why. The clothes are light and comfortable and I do guess it makes me feel good that I am wearing nice clothes to any event no matter how big it is.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Tournaments and Competition All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Goto page Previous  1, 2
    Page 2 of 2

Jump to: