· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - Bob's 27 new high! :D
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Bob's 27 new high! :D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Practice, Strategy & Technique
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Bob's 27 new high! :D Reply with quote

So on a whim I tossed a few games of Bob'27 and the first I hit in the 100's, then the second and I knew I was right on the edge...next game 469! WHooHoo!

Funny I haven't been practicing my doubles at all since I'm playing soft tips but this was just something different to mix it up and BAM! Hit my high Smile

Feeling good about that.
    CraigB
    Spam Killer and Admin
    Spam Killer and Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That puts you ONE point away from being a Blue Belt! Now you HAVE to keep playing until you improve one of the games - LOL! Laughing

So what's up with the name change? You're no longer TheCommandant? Razz

Someday I hope to have the time to get back to these. I can't help but wonder how many of the scores above us are complete BS. Back when I was winning a lot of events and sitting in the ADO Top-25 I still couldn't get above a high-Green Belt... Rolling Eyes

Oh well. I've always been the weird one who sucks in practice but played better when it counted. Wink
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 'rank' on the site is the same but I made the change to just Erik some time ago. Wasn't aware that it would change in the rankings and not include my original scores but it's ok. Leaves it like a benchmark.....

Oh and I just beat my CCU score!
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CraigB wrote:
    I can't help but wonder how many of the scores above us are complete BS. Back when I was winning a lot of events and sitting in the ADO Top-25 I still couldn't get above a high-Green Belt... Rolling Eyes

I often wonder this myself. When I was at the top of my game and competing with all the best in the northwest and took No.1 in points in ADO 1-2 I was tops of the Blue Belts and often beat many who scored higher than me in the rankings but I see that as perhaps the differences between 'practice' and competition.
    KopRalph11
    Senior Moderator Team SEWA Original
    Senior Moderator Team SEWA Original

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am scared to hit the practice board and track my scores again lol. I will but am so not looking forward to seeing my Bob score.
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KopRalph11 wrote:
    I am scared to hit the practice board and track my scores again lol. I will but am so not looking forward to seeing my Bob score.

Trust me, I understand! But I've been at it a while now and it's coming back Smile and paying off as I foray into the electronic world....
    SEWAKiwi
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik wrote:
    CraigB wrote:
    I can't help but wonder how many of the scores above us are complete BS. Back when I was winning a lot of events and sitting in the ADO Top-25 I still couldn't get above a high-Green Belt... Rolling Eyes

I often wonder this myself. When I was at the top of my game and competing with all the best in the northwest and took No.1 in points in ADO 1-2 I was tops of the Blue Belts and often beat many who scored higher than me in the rankings but I see that as perhaps the differences between 'practice' and competition.

It's the anomalies Vs the norm. I hit my RTW high about 12 years ago, and haven't come within 15 points of it since. Same with CCU, I've come real close to my high many times but I can't do it consistently.

Practise Vs competition is also huge. Played in our state tournament last weekend, and if you had seen me practise you might have thought I had a shot at the title. If you had watched my games you might have wondered if I had ever played this damn game before lol.
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been there done that Kiwi! So many times....and other times my practice wasn't up to par and I won the tournament. It happens.

Last night my practice really paid off though and I checked out both a 151 and 152 albiet on soft but I hit the DB on the 152 (T20, T14, DB) but since it's 'any' out when I hit the 151 it was B, B, T17....still a nice shot but not like hitting it in Steel!

Had some nice one dart double finishes though so the Bob's paid off and hit a nice 6mpr in cricket so again, the practice helped.

Now to see if I can repeat it next week Wink
    SEWAKiwi
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobs and catch 40 are a big part of my practice, and the pay off is just soo valuable. Those triple double 2 dart out shots are so supremely satisfying, especially when you're opponent is on an out.

for some reason I struggle with outs on the odd occasion I play soft tip, its not the math, I just forget that the bull is huge lol, even though I've been hitting it all the way down to score, its very strange.

The best practice for tournaments is match practice, and unfortunately I just don't get it. Playing a blind draw every week (which I have won for the last 12 weeks with multiple different partners, and not played particularly well any week) just isn't gonna get it done.

Taking out the big outshots always feels great, but I agree there's nothing like doing it in steel.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Practice, Strategy & Technique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: