· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - Out Work - Cricket Style (Yes, another practice game!)
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Out Work - Cricket Style (Yes, another practice game!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Practice, Strategy & Technique
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    CraigB
    Spam Killer and Admin
    Spam Killer and Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:50 am    Post subject: Out Work - Cricket Style (Yes, another practice game!) Reply with quote

Came up with this today - see what you think.

This is a game to practice your outs, but it plays like Cricket. There are several variations (see below), but it basically consists of hitting a set number of outs three times each (or more if "points" are used).

For example, here's a basic variation using the Cricket "Blackout" approach:

1) Instead of the usual Cricket numbers (20 thru 15 and the Bull), use 40, 36, 32, 24, 20, 16 and 8. Then simply hit three of an out to "close" that number. The first player to close all numbers wins. Note that you can hit the outs up to three times in a single turn! So if you're going for 40 and you hit D20 then S20, D10, you get two marks since you took out 40 twice. There's no carry-over, meaning you need to hit the out during one turn (e.g., if you are going for 40 and hit S20, S10, S5, you don't have 5 left for your next turn).

Variations:

2) Pick whatever outs you want to work on. These can be odd (like 35) or higher (like 85).

3) Add more than seven numbers.

4) Add points. I would suggest making all one-dart (i.e., even numbered outs 40 and below) equal to 20 points and all odd outs (plus the DB or 50) equal to 25 points (since these are more difficult). Then, as in normal Cricket, the winner must have all numbers closed and be equal to or greater than their opponent in points.

Last edited by CraigB on Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    BlackHorse
    OCD SMAG!
    OCD SMAG!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty cool, CB.

And there are tons of ways to play it, with many different numbers as you say.

I used to be opposed to shooting at individual Doubles more than once as it is rarely a game situation, but I am more into simply hitting what I aim for these days.

First off, I am thinking I will try to get my practice buddy to play it where we use simple Doubles as the 'Cricket' numbers, not Outs. And definitely using Points.

Probably go D20, D18, D16, D14, D12, D10, D9. Called shots only.

Thanks, CB.

CraigB
    Spam Killer and Admin
    Spam Killer and Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By assigning each out similar point values (20 or 25) you can use any numbers without any of them having an unfair advantage.

Another variation is for each player to have their own doubles to shoot at. This way you can work on what you need to or, each player might choose which doubles the other player has to go for. Naturally, this can lead to easy handicapping where a better player may had to go for higher, two-dart outs with the newer player only needing to hit lower, one-dart outs.
    warp1
    Dart Gunny
    Dart Gunny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it....
    View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
    Squiggle
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it out last night as an addition to my practice routine. I really enjoyed it. I just did the basic Cricket numbers, and since it was solo practice, I didn't really bother with points. It was a lot of fun. I'm going to make it a regular part of my practice.

"Don't be a Douche Nozzle!"
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Practice, Strategy & Technique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: