· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - consistency
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

consistency

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Practice, Strategy & Technique
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Legendary180
    Private

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: consistency Reply with quote

Ok so I have been playing darts now for 8 weeks, I am at 14.7 ppd or about 44 points per hand. I can hit the 20 2/3 darts pretty consistent and I am ok hitting the triple 20 1x per 3 darts, now in 8 weeks I have performed 2 hat tricks and hit a 180 and numerous 140's as well as a slew of120+. but I just cant maintain consistency. not sure what I am doing wrong or how best to fix it, not sure if it is a dart issue or a me issue. bellow I will show you my avg from 20-15 and the bull.
    20-49.5%
    19-44%
    18-40.25%
    17-47.75%
    16-45.75%
    15-45.50%
    bull-15.50%
    I got this by throwing 7 hands =21 darts 5 times or 105 darts total, I have done this 4 times so far on each number, I will do it a total of 10 times but this is just so far. I am seeing where i need to improve the most so any help would be great and again I have only been playing for 8 weeks and would like to get on a fast track to being much better, thank you and than k you for your help
    ducks
    Dart Gunny
    Dart Gunny

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the Flight School forum here on SEWA.

The gentleman responsible for Flight School, George Silberzah is a master at helping people improve their darts.
    Legendary180
    Private

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much I will do that now thanks
    The KingPin
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was posted UK time 4th Nov 2016 at 5.06 pm

Practice I always tend to do although most would find it as booring

is I go for 3 x bullseyes and then start from treble 10 to treble 20

thinking of my outshots in this and after such end with a bullseye

then ill go around the dbles from 1 to 20 ..If time allows I then try some scoring often ive had 3 x darts in the bullseye as I did other night

wife came up into room and I said to her what shall I go for ?

she replied the bull , and so i gave her as she asked although 3 x bullseyes

then i said to her what nxt whilst feeling > Very Happy

she replies your fav dble 16 and i then throw 3 x my darts
    into the dble 16 again with a Very Happy

then i say what nxt and she smiles and sais a high score

and i then hit a 180 on that very throw but again i don't ask young players to try the same or lesser players as they wont be able to hit such
    but its all good practice ive found as mentioned above with tebles , bulls , and dbles and then scoring if time allow..s ..Its not too often that practice routine lets me down when out and about and showing my prowess on the board to the many ..meanwhile folks good darts
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always good to have some fun and do the "what do you want me to hit" routine now and again. I used to do that myself back in the 80's but these days I just stick them in the board now and then for fun. Not playing tourney's or league at the moment but where I'm at it's near impossible to find a steel board (travesty I know).
    The KingPin
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik wrote:
    Always good to have some fun and do the "what do you want me to hit" routine now and again. I used to do that myself back in the 80's but these days I just stick them in the board now and then for fun. Not playing tourney's or league at the moment but where I'm at it's near impossible to find a steel board (travesty I know).

I also just play them days for fun games although some take the games seriously as its winner stays on the board and im the guy normally
    always to beat and one guy in particular recent had taken it upon himself
    to try his utmost to put me off playing as he simply knows im the best

But ye its all steel tip darts here only and why your part hasn't got such
    sounds weird ..Some other countries are the same with regards soft tip darts only it seems like in Japan for instance tends to be such and China .

But with Darts today more open to the World via tv tournaments
    you would think they would get the steel darts games on now today
    some things take more time I guess but ive never ever played on a soft tip board .. When I first began playing in house I used a horse hair dart board I recall way back in early to mid 70s then realized I loved the game
    and took it from there .

Looking back their weren't the youth tournament in Scotland with darts as said in another post and I feel a bit miffed at such
    because if I was raised in a another part of the UK then id have been on tv today maybe unless I made my money and retired after winning all before me as id have been a champion for sure as was a cracking good darter
    as Jocky also realized and told me such when i was a young guy
    that I had the game in me.

Although jealousy of some isn't nice at all, and so my mistake looking back
    was not moving away out of the region and then leaving only my darts to do the talking for me .Matter fact looking back as soon as I took my darts
    out of my jacket pocket in them far flung days the other guys in the bar
    knew whom would be on for a good run of games .
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to be all steel here actually but money changed that to soft.

Also it seems the new generation likes soft more (the game crowd of the 80's and 90's).

I've played for 40 years now and it's a challenge to change to soft but I am slowly making it work Wink

However I'm also thinking of trying to get a steel tip dart board put somewhere.

But we've gotten off track Wink
    The KingPin
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess its just what were all used to in the different countries regards steel tip or soft tip boards as always just been the steel tip darts here in the UK.

But whatever steel tip or soft tip darts then its all about enjoying the game firstly and then trying to up your game if people can and I also think darts

it goes by on the night as some nights very good , others ok , others not very good ..consistency if the main thing I reckon to try to aim for in darts.

Meantime best of darting to ye and any lurkers looking in except if any are going to be playing v myself anywhere of course Smile
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Practice, Strategy & Technique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: