· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - League Leader account for G3
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

League Leader account for G3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Soft tip/Electronic Leagues
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    JaredP
    Private

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: League Leader account for G3 Reply with quote

Have been wanting to get a G3 for the house to play on. Only problem is you need a league leader account to play online. Arachnid says you need to be a vendor to get one. Does anyone know of someone who has a g3 at their house and how they got around it.
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting question, I will be interested in the answer out of curiosity.
    jamminmoor
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if 500 individuals wanted to do the same thing is arachnid, going to say the same thing, that would sure make them loose business.

That would not be good business on there part.

Just my opinion, I know its just 1 person there saying that too. But just saying they could loose lots of business if they had that many people that wanted them.

Good Luck on finding the answers you need.
    coulomp
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not heard of any people that were allowed to buy the g3 for home use yet let alone use it online.
    JaredP
    Private

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is plenty of places that will let you buy them and have them shipped to your house (commercial ones with cameras and online capabilities). With the amount of people that I've seen while playing online in a home setting there has to be a way to do this. Arachnid gets no money once the board is purchased by vendors anyhow besides account money. Yes, vendors would lose money from quarter drop they split with bar but there is still people who only do it for practice and still play their leagues and tourneys. On the same note, there are vendors who have still not approved the online leagues and for people like me where I live (only evenings off work are thu/fri) nothing but handicap leagues are available and that gets old. I would like to play people of my caliber with no handicap rather than starting a game at 501 when my opponents are below 300. If Arachnid cares that much for their vendors they need to make every vendor offer the remote leagues they have started.
    Jeff_MacIntosh
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thread is a little old, but it would appear a clear answer has been provided for Jared.

There is more to it than buying a board, plugging it in, and playing online. Amusement operators pay a fee to access the network through Arachnid to be able to use the online features and use of League Leader, which is what operators use to run leagues on the system.

The base fee is somewhere in the $400 range per year just to access the network. I do not know if Arachnid will allow a direct account with them. Also, Arachnid doesn't normally sell the boards direct to individuals, although they have sold parts. The boards are normally sold through the distributors whom you probably have seen online.

Arachnid isn't setup for a direct consumer market per se, since most of their business is done through the distributors. As far as getting an amusement operator to allow you access to their network...that would be a long shot since they make their living one dollar bill at a time.
    Jeff_MacIntosh
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To once again rehash this thread, Arachnid put out an announcement a few months back barring the sale of the online capable G3 boards to any third party, and allowing them access to the Arachnid network. Vendors caught allowing individuals access to the network through them will have their League Leader account shut down which essentially makes it impossible to use any of the internet capabilities of the board. This includes the abilities to set up league formats and rosters through League Leader for download by the boards.

According to Arachnid, they want people in the bars playing on their boards, not at home.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Soft tip/Electronic Leagues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: