· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - Am I doing something wrong?
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Am I doing something wrong?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> "Straight Shooting"
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Joker78
    Private

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Am I doing something wrong? Reply with quote

This is my first season ever playing, I have recently (last 3 games or so ) have got into my grove and have been doing very well on every game I throw. I have had a really low average for the entire season, its finally inching its way up thank god, but the problem is as of late the team we play are complaining and quite frankly taking the fun out of the game, because I get marks when starting. I've been called a sandbagger more times in the last 2 week then I ever have on anything in my life. Nobody believes that I have never played before. Am I doing something wrong or are these players just showing bad sportsmanship. I have some to enjoy Darts but all the trash talk I've been getting is just taking the fun out of it.
    KopRalph11
    Senior Moderator Team SEWA Original

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I had a similar problem. When I started, I was playing within a year in A. Take it in stride is my advice. You've only just started and hopefully the good will out way the bad. I noticed I didn't get any of the rubbish at the Top level. I still get razzed for throwing well and even doing rarities in the game. Just ignore it. Most of those people tend to be wannabees whom haven't and arent satisfied with their own game.

For me knowing I play for myself and my enjoyment is paramount. Everything else good is a bonus and I try to ignore the BS side.
    KopRalph11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally to answer your question. Yep they are being poor sportsmen. But resentment at losing depends on the type of player person you are playing against. Many people learn from all losses . Others just blame anything but themselves.
    Chitown599
    2017 Site Sponsor and Senior Mod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never had the unfortunate problem of poor sportsmanship levied against me, even though I was beating all the top players after playing for 6 months. What I did have was all the top shooters taking me aside, telling me what I was doing wrong, and helping me correct any problem, like my outs, and strategies.

What you seem to be experiencing J78, is jealousy from players who are giving you the marks. You seem to be advancing in the game quicker than most, and are beating these players who may think, under normal circumstances, would beat you. I am not sure how handicap leagues are run, but won't you lose marks, as you improve? As long as this happens, no one has the right to complain. After all, that's why it's called handicap.
    Either way, I wouldn't let them get to you. If they keep complaining, simply say, well maybe you aren't as good as you think you are, and ask to have your handicap checked. I believe they go by averages, right?
    2010/11 Fall S.A. State champions, Makin Treble
    Presently not playing
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you're playing in a Handicap Soft Tip league?

Not to pick on soft tips or handicapping but I've never seen this in steel tips.

Either way, though, it's bad sportsmanship and no excuses.

My advice? Practice twice as hard and hit even better marks to give them something to moan about! lol Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    Joker78
    Private

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kop- Thank you. My teammates have said the same thing. It's just disheartening to have people not take you for your word, I pride myself on being the most honest person I know.

Chi- Yes as my average improves I lose marks. And yes it all goes by your average. Which has been pretty bad till the last 3 games or so. It has taken me almost this whole season (2 games left until playoffs) to get where my average is decent.

But as I said this is my fist season which I assume they do not believe me because of my age (34) but myself and my teammates know the truth, I guess thats all that matters.
    Chitown599

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly J78, the only ones who matter are your teammates and yourself. You seem to be just as I was when I first started. I didn't throw a dart until I was 40 years old, and caught on quickly.
    My advice is to just keep doing what your doing, and pay no mind to those idiots. Remember, it's only a game, and if you can't have fun playing it, why play. Don't let anyone rain on your parade. To those who piss and moan, just laugh, and sooner or later these people will see they aren't getting to you. All they want is some sort of reaction from you. If you give them a care less attitude, they will stop.
    2010/11 Fall S.A. State champions, Makin Treble
    Presently not playing
    davidsproull
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame on the other team. Empty your darts and throw the best you can throw.
    Good for you on your progress!!!
    davidsproull
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and somehow I managed to double post. A forum out shot perhaps? Razz
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> "Straight Shooting" All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: