· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - What soft tips points are working for you
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

What soft tips points are working for you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Soft tip/Electronic Leagues
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Crash336
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: What soft tips points are working for you Reply with quote

A review I did on Fit Flight points was just posted, I'm hoping to receive some feed back good/bad just hope to spark some interest.

Lip Points are the best I've used to date, I've thrown just about every brand I can get my hands on in the U.S. but know of plenty of brands I've not tested from around the world. With the style/weight of barrel, board you play on and strenght of throw contributing factors I would expect other opinions - again hoping to spark intrest .. and learn something new.
    LaujThoj
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Crash on the lippoints durability and overall quality. Unfortunately, they were only available in one size when I was in Vegas and were a little longer than I'm used to, completely changing the way my darts fly so I had to go back to using the target Italian Tips. In comparison, these two brand of tips barely have a slight advantage over each other but I am forced to use Italian tips due to their length and usability for my "throw". Target's Italian tips are reasonably durable and they work for both Arachnid and Medalist boards. Lippoints are tougher and much more durable, you can probably go through a day of shooting with no more than 6 tips where Target Italian tips I go through about 9-18. The catch is...Lippoints may be tougher but are also more brittle so therefore more likely to snap off either stuck in the board or stuck in your barrel.

There are a few other brands I've tried that are of good durability too but I just don't use for one reason or another. For example the Evols are of similar quality but i have a hard time using for Arachnid boards. The Cosmo points are of similar quality too but lack that ridge where I rest my finger on to know where I usually hold my darts so thats why I don't use those either. All 4 mentioned are great soft tips but Target Italian tips just allows my style of holding the darts and their trajectory to be a bit more comfortable so thats why I use it. I'm sure someone who likes longer tips would prefer Cosmo and Lippoints over the others.
    Crash336
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input,

I used to play with Evol's, Atomics and Italian tips (used to have to order Italians from England) but now they are more availible in the U.S.

With all three brands using the same mode (I suspect this but don't know for sure) its very hard to tell them apart. Throwing them is a diffent story, but I'm not sure if the band or the batch. A lot of the italian tips I threw were (softer) they stuck better and bent more. The Evol and Atomics seem to snap more then bend. However what I mean by batch is that I would find a lot of inconsistancy between bags of tips. One order I purchaced both white and black. The blacks wore nomally for what I would expect, I broke half a bag of the white tips in one practice session (the rest of the bag went into the trash). I not sure I know enough about the Fit Flights and LIPPOINT, If the LIPPOINT hold up the quality like my inital 3 bags of them I will be happy. I would love to see the Fit Flights hold up (damn I had to pound out a lot of broken off point out of my board).
    habanerojooz
    WO-2 SEWA Ambassador
    WO-2 SEWA Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought some Atomics and Tigas.

With the Atomics, a small section of the tips of were snapping off with regularity. Perhaps a bad batch, but I've never experienced this with other points that I've used.

With the Tigas, I've had no such tip breakage and I like them a whole lot. The Tigas are slightly longer than the Atomics. It seems that the Atomics are sort of a mid-sized length.

Prior to Tigas, I used the Bullet style points in both the stubby and standard length. The Bullets were ok but I wanted something different. For now, the Tigas will be my point of choice.
    Joe_39
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely love TIGA points; they seem to be very strong and seldom get tweaked.

Regards,
    Joe
    digger331
    Assistant Commandant Editor in Chief
    Assistant Commandant   Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Harrow's micro-points. I've discovered the shorter the point, the less tendency it has to break. They're flexible, but strong enough to stick. It's all I'll use.
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I've tried the Harrow's, I have to check. I recommend short style tips to anyone with a new board or kids due to ease for removal. My expercience with the shorter tips is I get more "wires" bounce outs. Hmm now I got a new tip to try. cool
    habanerojooz
    WO-2 SEWA Ambassador
    WO-2 SEWA Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately, I've been using the Lip Points. I like them a lot. I like them as much as the Tigas.

Lip Points and Tigas. Made in Japan. High quality, durable, and long lasting.

I also bought the L-Style Hard Lip (30mm) points made for bristle board use only. When you buy them, you get two sets in a box (i.e. 6 points). I used these points in my soft tip darts when I was practicing at home on my bristle board. The Hard Lip points are great conversion points for bristle boards.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Soft tip/Electronic Leagues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: