· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - PADA Website problem
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

PADA Website problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> PORTLAND AREA Dart Association (PADA)
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    SWA2873
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: PADA Website problem Reply with quote

Well I have been relying on the PADA website for schedule information and Stat's.

Now it appears to be gone. I keep getting this

http://search2.comcast.com/?cat=dnsr&con=ds&url=www.portlandareadarts.com

A comcast page that says "Sorry, we can't find "www.portlandareadarts.com". We suggest that you check the spelling of the web address or search above."

I'm getting a little tired of this.
    JohnP
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked and got a message saying the site is coming soon. Earlier today I got a message saying the site was cancelled or something. Maybe PADA forgot to pay its bill?

Anyway, you can get schedules and stats directly from League Republic, which is still working.

pada.leaguerepublic.com
    chevalier86
    Private

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...what is the deal with the PADA website? I'm tired of this too. 'Forgot to pay the bill'? Hell for the membership fees we are charged there should be no problem paying the lousy internet bill. Hope SOMEBODY from PADA gives us Portland darters an explanation. Just whom is in charge of the website anyway? The League Director or Communications guy?! Sad
    CraigB
    Spam Killer and Admin
    Spam Killer and Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chevalier86 wrote:
    Yeah...what is the deal with the PADA website? I'm tired of this too. 'Forgot to pay the bill'? Hell for the membership fees we are charged there should be no problem paying the lousy internet bill. Hope SOMEBODY from PADA gives us Portland darters an explanation. Just whom is in charge of the website anyway? The League Director or Communications guy?! Sad

I'm sure they know about the issue. In fact I think they were using the timing of the webhost expiration to make changes so that's probably what they are doing.

As for the membership fee, it's probably set TOO LOW still since I know it didn't really cover all of the expenses when I was director (there's a LOT of stuff that's done for free behind the scenes by the board members - mostly because the league doesn't take in a lot of money from its members).

If you really want to complain, go play softball or another type of league. Once you have to pay hundreds of dollars to play a game, $25 a year should sound as cheap as it is.
    Thorn
    Gunner
    Gunner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say 'go easy' guys. Let's not forget that board members are volunteers, so anything they do to help run the league is more than we do besides pay a few dollars per night to shoot in an organized league for a year. Not to mention that many of the board members are new. So, I say take it easy on them...

The Elephant tale has been coming out again, the special events are still happening regularly and being well run. And I know these people have the enthusiasm and capability to run our league well...

I'm hoping the website is about to be improved. It certainly could be...but I'm going to assume that they have a lot to figure out and get a firm grip on the reins, and a missed website payment might be good opportunity. But this is all internet conjecture--maybe their server dude is down, who knows. My point is, I'm going to be patient and have faith in our new board leadership! Rock on PADA.
    Thorn
    Gunner
    Gunner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the league republic stats link: http://pada.leaguerepublic.com/enter.do?siteid=3614616
    chevalier86
    Private

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Boughton...I retain the 'right' to complain about anything I pay my hard-earned money for. I have NO FREAKIN IDEA about the 'behind the scenes' costs/expenses. I guess $25.00 dollars is nothing to you, but it is a lot to some people...there is recession and unemployment going on and I was not necessarily complaining about any 'high' cost. I simply stated that for what we pay in our membership fees the 'bill should be paid'...that's all. Mr. Thorn explained it well on what COULD BE happening to the site, so that is good enough for me. I do not know any of these people running this League. I only judge by what I see. Hopefully whom ever is in charge will e-mail members or make an announcement about what is going on with the site. My God. Confused
    chevalier86
    Private

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let it be known that I also appreciate all of the time that board members devote to this. A few of them may be new, but they are all winners in my book for making the attempt to help run this league. I wish I had time myself to volunteer for various events and whatnot, but I am simply trying to survive on a day-to-day basis. PADA is a wonderful outlet for some people to get their mind off of the 'realities' of everyday living and the really difficult times right now. I appreciate it being here for all of us. Again Mr. Thorn was on the money for reminding me about their volunteerism and effort. Thanks.
    Thorn
    Gunner
    Gunner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! "Mr."!? Thanks SWA and chev! Embarassed Wink

But I'm mostly with CB here--who by the way did an excellent job as LD in my opinion, who knows the challenges of the new board members, and who also understands the hardships of the economy. Still, the cost is low relatively--and I like best-bang-for-your-buck deals. Very Happy

SWA's right too; if you pay you have a say, and he's also right that communication could improve--once the site's back up, I'm hoping the PADA updates happen more often. And I wish it had it's own forum--no offense SEWA!. And I also wish there was a way to league scores reported more quickly--maybe have home team be responsible to do it right then and there after a match. But now I'm dreaming... Wink Laughing

And I know that this thread won't go unnoticed. I think the board should be proud to have player-members that care deeply about the quality of PADA, and can constructively discuss and help re-assess what can be improved...

But hey, at this point, it's just a website down...let's see what happens. I'm sure there's teams of experts working on the problem now. Wink
    SWA2873
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Craig and Nick and like them both. they are essentially decent people IMO. I also understand how thankless and frustrating it can be trying to run organizations like this and to solicit help in doing so respectively. I am sorry if my whining ruffled any feathers.

I did not say that if you pay you have a right to complain but do not disagree with that statement.

I think Adam is correct in that they are probably trying to update the website. based on what I am seeing. (1 The website being gone followed by 2. an apparent failure to upload the website and 3. the basic shell of the website with no content in the frames thereof) they are trying to either reload the old site or update it.

I tried to get a phone number for Nick tonight but have not been receiving hard copies of my newsletter. Its interesting to note that the ones I did have (Dating from the spring) had no contact information for any of the league officials in them what so ever. They did not even have any mention of who the league officers were. I had to call Craig to get Nicks phone number and could not get through.

Without access to the website I am in a state of limbo on a lot of things so I guess I have to wait and see and will talk with Nick later about all this.

Communication is the key here.
    CraigB
    Spam Killer and Admin
    Spam Killer and Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a small announcement on the website right now.

Oh, and Dax? $25 is exactly $25 more than I made in job income over the last year so it means something to me... (hoping to change that in the next week though!)
    Thorn
    Gunner
    Gunner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck CB! Very Happy
    JohnP
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record, when I commented that maybe PADA forgot to pay its bill, I was joking. Apparently, the website means more to some than to me, and I didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers. My apologies for the insensitivity.

Best wishes for the job prospect, CraigB - your luck has got to turn around soon.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> PORTLAND AREA Dart Association (PADA) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: