· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - Portland Singles Dart League
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Portland Singles Dart League
    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> PORTLAND AREA Dart Association (PADA)
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    ChristinaO
    SEWA Moderator (S-3)
    SEWA Moderator (S-3)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Portland Singles Dart League Reply with quote

OK, this is what we have come up with:

A&L
    SINGLES MONEY LEAGUE
    $$$ EVERYBODY GETS PAID $$$

SEVEN WEEKS - STARTS Thursday July 9th
    ENDS WITH A FREE ENTRY TOURNAMENT
    PAYOUT NIGHT ON Thursday August 20th 5 WEEKS OF DIVISONAL PLAY
    BROKE DOWN INTO 4 SKILL LEVELS.

Giving everyone a fun and competitive time!!!
    Format for A/B Division will be 501 & Cricket 15 games
    Format for C/D Division will be 501 & Cricket 11 games

Week 1 - Thursday July 9th League Play
    Week 2 - Thursday July 16th League Play
    Week 3 - Thursday July 23rd League Play
    Week 4 - Thursday July 30th League Play
    Week 5 - Thursday August 6th League Play
    Week 6 - Thursday August 13th Playoffs
    Week 7- Thursday August 20th $$ PAY OUTS $$
    Free Entry Tournament Cost will be $15.00 per player and $5.00 per night
    Payable at sign up is preferred ($40.00 Total)

If there are any questions contact Andy Campbell @ 360-921-4291
    Or email at washandy98664 @yahoo.com

If you have any other questions please contact SOUPR or myself.

SOUPR
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Summer singles league Reply with quote

We figured we could attract the most people if we broke it down into divisions.

I have also got a sheet showing the format and where the money goes with an example of breakdown.

Big thing, everyone gets a dollar back for every win. So no matter what everyone should get something back.

Anyone wanting more info just ask.
    just an overrated underachiever
    Andrew Campbell
    chevalier86
    Private

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question So what will be the Match-night format?, i.e., one (1) game of 501, 1 game of Cricket and then another 501? How is the 'skill' level of a player determined and by whom? How will players be ranked through this? What will be the monetary 'Pay-out' percentage at the end? Of course I am aware that the more people/players the better the amount of money at the end. What is 'D' ranking/division? How will everybody get paid? I only ask all of this right now, because; 1, I've NEVER played in Singles Tourney/League before and don't know anything on its' format and 2, I may be out of town come June 25th and thus miss out on the info at sign-in. If I'm going to pay $40.00 dollars I wish to know what exactly I'm doing and how much I may stand to gain. My admiration to you guys for putting the time and effort into this. Even if I choose not to play, I appreciate what you're doing. I've been rather reluctant to enter such 'Tourneys' for various reasons. Gluckspiel to one and all. Thanks. Confused
    SOUPR
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Summer Singles League Reply with quote

chevalier86, I have PM'd you with the info. I have not posted it yet because I was going to go over the payouts 1 more time to make sure the $$$$ are right. I will post it Tuesday.

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS IS A LEAGUE NOT A TOURNAMENT AND YOU NEED TO ATTEND EVERY WEEK. THAT IS THE REQUIREMENT.

The format will be:
    A/B Division- 15 Games
    2 501, 2 CR, 2 501, 2 CR, 2 501 , 2 CR, 2 501, 1CR
    Bull for first game, then alternate going first. Bull for last game if tied.

C/D Division- 11 Games
    2 CR, 2 501, 2 CR, 2 01, 2 CR, 1501
    Bull for first game, then alternate going first. Bull for last game if tied.

The payout will be $1 for each win.

There will be a FREE ENTRY TOURNAMENT at the last night with all payouts for the league
    Andrew Campbell

Last edited by SOUPR on Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    SOUPR
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We thought it would be better to have 4 skill divisions available. If we only need 2 so be it. More than likely we will not need a 4 skill level set up.

Once again trying to get as many people to play a short mid summer league.
    Andrew Campbell
    Thorn
    Gunner
    Gunner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Very cool. This is just another sign that darts is growing in Rip City, and more importantly, a big thanks to CO and SOUPR and any others that took the time time to organize and run this thing! I'm interested, and I hope many more folks join in! Very Happy
    Thomas
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, looks similar to the Softtip league! I think I will definitely attend those matches (in C or B-devision Wink).

I guess if PADA would think sometimes outside their own little box, this complete dart organization in Portland could become a real powerful and attractive one. Lots of people (Isaac, Christina, Andy, myself etc.) are interested to find new good ideas AND run it. I always hear that PADA members don't have the time to put those thinks together and I can understand this. But why the heck is it mandatory that some of the board (CraigB or whoever) needs to be involved? In the organization I used to play in Germany, there were not just 4-6 people who had to run everything to keep it under the organizations umbrella. I think as soon as some members of PADA putting some efforts together and organize something like this or my event, it should be possible and interesting for PADA to support it and not just with a tiny note in the calendar! (BTW thank you Craig for keeping my shoots on 1st side!!!).

I know as well that some people feel - "Why do I need the PADA?", but I think this mind set up is the same think, but just the other box!

In my opinion this hiding of the PADA and the solo runs could cause a split of the Portland dart community and this shouldn't be the case. I needed to do my one, because I wanted to proof that people are interested in something new and would come out to play - and I did! Lord of the Rings is a great movie, but if you watch it 20 times in a row, it becomes boring!!!

We should combine the thoughts and show how big and interesting Portland Darts can be!

Cheers

Thomas

Last edited by Thomas on Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
    ChristinaO
    SEWA Moderator (S-3)
    SEWA Moderator (S-3)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas -

I want to clarify, it is not our (Isaac, Andy or myself) intent to compete with PADA nor split the dart community, this is in addition to the PADA. Similar to the way we have had multiple soft-tip and steel-tip players cross over at the various Friday night shoots.

If this format does well over the summer and we have enough interest in continuing through the fall, we will likely change the evening to Tuesday night so we aren't competing.

I believe the Singles and PADA can work in the Portland area if everyone works together, this will only be giving people more options.

Christina
    Thomas
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christina,

I don't want to complain anything about! I just see the possibility that it could split the dart community. Of course I know that you wouldn't intent to do so! I just wanted to show that there is so much potential to use from BOTH sides! I appreciate your efforts, because I see it as a continue of my efforts during the winter. I never would think that anybody TRY to split the community (but maybe my English is too bad and there is enough room to missunderstand Wink ), I just say we should probably use this efforts and combine them!

Don't get me wrong and keep my spelling mistakes Laughing
    View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
    SOUPR
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Summer Singles League Reply with quote

We do not want to split the dart community.

All we are doing is providing a short program that will allow people to play in the middle of summer. Most people who did play in last years summer singles do not know of the frustration that CraigB went through when just a few people did not attend and caused major problems in the divisions.

In doing this for 7 weeks of play I am hoping that we will get people that are fully committed to playing for the total time ( 5 weeks of division, 1 week playoff, 1 week free tournament)

We are not going to shuffle players between divisions. We will place you by your skill level. This should be ok.

I do not plan on making this a full time job. Nor do I plan on competiting with a long standing organization like the PADA.
    Andrew Campbell
    Thomas
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I found a mistake of myself and changed it! I better shut up now Laughing
    Isaac
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think EVERYONE here is mostly on the exact same page. There is an obvious interest in stuff like this - just like there is an interest in the tournament series Thomas is finishing up.

While there isn't a structure in place currently for a singles league (the reasons of which have already been pointed out) but there will need to be some wrinkles to iron out with starting up something new. I do think that the format Andy and Christina laid out would be fun and competitive for everyone. I anticipate there being enough people interested in such a thing that there is no reason it cannot be adapted, improved and launched again next season. Like Christina said, it could be done easily enough on Tuesdays. In fact, I think when I started a few years ago there was a Tuesday singles league... Question

I may be in the minority, as I've said I actually like playing people who are better than me, but I don't see why the divisions should be such a big deal. The other reason for division play (other than grouping skill levels) is so that with a short season, everyone could play each person in their division once. Once sign-ups are in we can gauge skill levels from that, and work on building divisions. I don't see it as something that should guarantee a "B" league player not having to play against "a" leaguers, but I hope it encourages more of everyone to come out. Andy, Bob, whatever other sharks out there you wanna name, are gonna be pretty much tied up with each other, and won't be spanking everyone else OR winning ALL the $$$. If Andy agreed to this, YOU GUYS should jump all over it!!! Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Very Happy

Reality for mingling dreams to scurry back and get in line.
    View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
    SOUPR
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Isaac stated, I do not want to beat up on anybody. I want to play the best talent available. PERIOD!!

That is the reason I would like to see a Divisional split so like talent will play each other.

My hope is that PADA will do singles league again in the fall, like they did on Tuesday nights. The summer league was the one with the problem last year.

I do not plan on running any league in the fall.I will only play in them , thats all.
    Andrew Campbell
    philk
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this idea... one of my most fun formats was during soft tip league doubles, and this seems similar. Lots of darts, doesn't take all night. I am seriously thinking of doing this for the summer - only obstacle is the distance I have to drive going home...

I don't see any problem with this being a non-PADA thing. As long as it compliments the association and gives dart players more options for competition, I think it's great for darts in general. Sometimes the old standard PADA ways of doing things did get a bit stale - too much committee, too much talking, but no real involvement from the mainstream members as a rule. It all tended to fall on the board members.

I feel that as long as anyone (as Thomas, and now Andy and Christina, has proved) has the energy and ideas and commitment to bring new ongoing activities to the general dart community as a whole... everyone wins.
    SOUPR
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the format and Pay out that we have right now. We have not secured how much Angelo ( owner of A & L)will add to the Singles( per week) and for the Free entry Finals so that was taken out and just player money is listed. Remember we will get some figure from Angelo soon.

Remember this is just an EXAMPLE using 24 players, 4 Divisions.

Examples of single’s League Set up and Money Pay Outs
    7 Weeks of play consisting of:
    5 weeks of Singles League
    1 Week of Singles Play Off’s
    1 Week of Free A,B,C,D Draw Tournament ,With all Payouts to be done on this night

Night of Play- THURSDAY
    1st Week – July 9th 2009
    2nd Week- July 16th 2009
    3rd Week- July 23rd 2009
    4th Week- July 30th 2009
    5th Week – August 6th 2009
    Play Offs – August 13th 2009
    Tournament & Pay Outs – August 20th 2009 Singles League Over
    All Matches, Play Off’s and Tournament will Be Played at A & L

A/B Division (6 Players per Division) 15 Games per night
    2501, 2CR, 2501, 2CR, 2501, 2CR, 2501,1CR, (501 Open In/ Double Out)
    Bull for first, alternate thereafter, Bull for last game if tied.
    5 weeks of play to establish placement for Play Off during week 6
    Play Off’s would be 1 plays 4, 2 plays 3. Places 5 & 6 Do Not Play (Eliminated)
    Format would be race to 6 using basic format for games to play.
    Winners of matches Play Off in finals, race to 6 using basic format for 1st & 2nd places
    Losers of first play off, play again race to 6 using basic format for 3rd & 4th places
    Thus establishing 1 thru 4 finishing order.
    ** Play Off week moneys is only A & L added to Tournament, not to Singles Payout **
    Payouts would be determined by Personal Entry Fee- $15.00 and the $5.00 weekly fee
    Plus the added $.00 per night from the A & L = $40.00 Per Person X 6= $240.00 per division.
    This will be broken down at $1.00 per win per night = $15.00 per match X 3 = $45.00 per week X 5 weeks = $225.00 The remaining $15.00 will be put into the Free Entry Finals Tournament played on August 20th 2009.

C/D Division (6 Players) 11 Games per night
    2CR, 2501, 2CR, 2501, 2CR, 1501
    Bull for first, alternate thereafter, Bull for last game if tied.
    5 weeks of play to establish placement for Play Off during week 6
    Play Off’s would be 1 plays 4, 2 plays 3. Places 5 & 6 Do Not Play (Eliminated)
    Format would be race to 6 using basic format for games to play.
    Winners of matches Play Off in finals, race to 4 using basic format for 1st & 2nd places
    Losers of first play off, play again race to 4 using basic format for 3rd & 4th places
    ** Play Off week moneys is only A & L added to Tournament, not to Singles Payout **
    Thus establishing 1 thru 4 finishing order.
    Payouts would be determined by Personal Entry Fee- $15.00 and the $5.00 weekly fee
    Plus the added $.00 per night from the A & L = $40.00 Per Person X 6= $240.00 per division.
    This will be broken down at $1.00 per win per night= $11.00 per match X 3= $33.00 per
    Week X 5 weeks = $165.00The remaining $75.00 will be put into the Free Entry Finals Tournament played on August 20th 2009.

Using this formula the Free Entry Tournament would have a payout of $180.00 for
    2 Divisions of A/B , 2 Divisions of C/D Having 24 total people
    ($180.00 pool money plus $.00 from playoff week add from A & L)

Andrew Campbell
    SOUPR
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Summer Singles League Reply with quote

Please Remember,
    This league, format, payouts and everything in general were put together in about 3 days. Not bad by my account.

It may not be pretty but I believe it gets the point across on what we are trying to do.

All we are doing is getting something for local players to enjoy in July and August. Keeping this short and sweet.
    Andrew Campbell
    Isaac
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, Andy! Very Happy

Reality for mingling dreams to scurry back and get in line.
    View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
    JohnP
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOUPR wrote:

A/B Division (6 Players per Division) 15 Games per night
    2501, 2CR, 2501, 2CR, 2501, 2CR, 2501,1CR,

Holy cow. Those games of 2501 are gonna be tiring. (Sorry, couldn't help it.)

This format looks good. Nice job, guys. Looks like this short season might fit in between my out-of-town trips, so I might be able to play.

Have you decided on a start time - the usual 7:00pm? And, how long do you estimate the matches will play - 2 or 3 hours, maybe? Just wondering because I may have to drive up from work in Salem some weeks.

Also, if you're planning to distribute flyers, I can put one up at 505 if that'll save somebody a trip. Just let me know.
    SOUPR
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I want Feedback.

I had a corrected verson at the last singles shoot, but someone felt they needed it more than I did.

Yes we will start at 7:00pm. The matches should run about 2.5 hours for the A/B . We are hoping the C/D will not take more than 3 hours.

Something I have seen with regular leagues is the lower flights sometimes take over 4 hours, I would have to say that is way too long.

Great points, PLEASE GIVE ME MORE FEEDBACK

It has been over 5 years since I have run any type of league or done promotions at all. So there are going to some errors or omissions, please bear with us. We will get it right. I want this to run smooth as glass with everyone having a great time.

Thanks
    Andrew Campbell

Last edited by SOUPR on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
    JohnP
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy - you didn't take my comment about the 2501 seriously, did you? I know it's 2 games of 501, but was making fun of it looking like a game of two-thousand, five-hundred and one. Shocked

Just want to be sure you don't think I'm complaining about too many 501 games. I like the format as you've presented it.

Hopefully, people who play will understand that some adjustments might be necessary "on the fly". I would expect that with a start-up event like this.

Something that might be wise to consider now is how to handle someone not showing up. Beyond just flaking out, somebody might have a legitimate reason for not being able to play - car accident, family emergency, etc. Make-up match or forfeit or ??

Just thought I'd bring that up because it caused so much trouble with PADA's singles league. Although, that might've been somewhat inherent in the format that was used. Might not be so troublesome in this format?

Thanks for all your work - and Christina and Isaac and anyone else - in trying to give us some darts to play this summer. Looks to me like you're doing a great job.
    SOUPR
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Singles Summer League Reply with quote

With any league there will be un foreseen problems. If someone has a problem with making it to a match I am hoping that people can get together to pre-play or post-play their match to stay on track. I hope we can leave this issue up to the parties involved. But any match would have to be played before week 5, so scores can be compiled for the playoffs.If not played by then a Forfit would be ruled. We will have to have a reasonable split for this.

We will list phone #'s for everyone in each division. This will allow players to contact each other for plans if needed.

The only issue is the person unable to play would get O wins for the week,
    The other person that showed up would get 10.

.... Remember this is a money league, we have to have everyone paid up by week 3. This just makes finances easier for us to keep track of.

EVERYONE WILL GET MONEY BACK

I hate to say ,but try to use common sense . We are going to use the rules that PADA uses for leagues.

Really this should be pretty straight forward.

The format is something I just stole from my Softtip leagues playoff format.

Yes John I also saw your post about my 2501 game. Just checking to make sure you were reading all of it Very Happy
    Andrew Campbell
    JohnP
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you have this pretty well figured out. And with your experience, I'm sure it'll run just fine.

This looks like fun; I'm definitely going to play. Thanks again for keeping some darts going for us this summer.
    SOUPR
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the easiest way for us to do the sign ups would to get peoples info PM to myself or Christina here at SEWA or

email to washandy98664@yahoo.com

All we would need is your name , Phone #, Skill level
    The money can be taken care of on June 25 (thursday) or any time you see us would be fine.

On Friday June 12 we will be at the Blind Squirel tourney at Dr Feelgoods in Tigard.
    At the A&L on Saturday June 13 @ the finals of the singles shoot.
    and later that night at the Hangout in Gresham for another tourney.

If you don't see us just call me at 360 921-4291

I am trying to make this as easy as possible for everyone to do & enjoy.
    Thanks all for the support.
    Andrew Campbell
    Thomas
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely don't get it!

People are organizing a singles league because PADA is doing nothing in summertime and than PADA place a "Summer's here" shoot on sign up's eve in another location at the same date and time - LOL

AMAZING - see Andy, that's what I ment
    SOUPR
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas I can only assume that this was an oversight by the PADA. I will use this premise in that I can not believe that this was done on purpose. With that being said we will still hold the sign up at the A & L, and also go to the shoot at the Sellwood PH and see if anyone is there, or wants to sign up for the Summer Singles League.

We will just go on with this event, giving people something to do as far as darts are concerned.

Like I said from the beginning, we are not in this to be in competition with the PADA, we are just doing something that is lacking for players that just want to play.
    Andrew Campbell
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> PORTLAND AREA Dart Association (PADA) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
    Page 1 of 3

Jump to: