· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - Dart Stores
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Dart Stores

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> General Dart Talk
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    majicman
    Private

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Dart Stores Reply with quote

Hello there all.....new member here...been visiting this website for a while but never posted. Had an experience tonight I thought I should share.

We, the dart players, have a limited selection in regards to where we purchase our dart supplies. I have been playing darts for a little over 3 years and have made purchases from several online dart suppliers.

One store in particular, A-Z Darts, has received approx. $2,500 in purchases from me over the last few years. Yeah, I know it's a lot of money but that's for a different discussion.

So....for the most part I have been completely satisfied with my orders and they have all, for the most part, been received in a timely manner. This is a good thing....however...a few orders ago I had the first hiccup with this company. I made an order and several days went by without it being shipped. I called and the order was hung in the system somehow but sent the next day after I brought attention to it. I was told that I would receive some type of discount for my next order due to their mistake of not sending it on time. I eventually received the order but no discount. I let this slide as I am human and understand that mistakes are made.

I have made a few orders since the one mentioned above without any problems.

Now this brings me to my problem.

I made an order last Friday and it is now Sunday and my darts have not shipped. Due to the problem that I had mentioned above, I called the store to inquire as to why my order had not shipped. Some type of server upgrade was the excuse. Again, I understand things happen and that was not too big of a deal. While speaking with a representative of the company on the phone I looked at my order history and it was at that point that I realized how much money I had spent with A-Z darts ($2500).

So....as a customer....I simply asked if my order could be upgraded to overnight shipping due to the fact that it not being shipped was of no fault of mine. Negative Nancy.... I was told something to the effect of "if we upgrade everyone's shipping we would be out of business".

At this point, I asked the representative to look at my extensive order history ($2500) and see if there was anything they could do.

Now the line that brought on this post....I was advised something to the effect of "well we had another customer order $2500 just today" as if my money was unimportant.

I cancelled my order and will no longer be supporting A-Z darts simply because of that attitude. Just wanted to let everyone know that your business may not be appreciated and only expected due to the store not having much competition in the states.

Now a good example....I made an order from Darts Corner and never received the order due to the USPS. Darts Corner sent me an entire new order with little hassle....something to think about.

Thanks for letting me vent and I hope to post more now that I took the 3 minutes to create an account.

Happy Darting,

Majicman
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear the trouble! Have you contacted Kelly (Owner) directly? A-Z is the most trust US retailer that I am aware of (not plugging them just surprised).

On the other hand, I think it's good to spread the wealth around Wink and check the poll on the main page here to see other options in the US and don't forgot Red Dragon and A180 in the UK.
    calebjkeen
    Dart Gunny
    Dart Gunny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That definitely sounds like a bad piece of luck. I've ordered quite a bit from A-Z over the years and never had the issues you described, but the 'tone' you relayed would be a huge turn-off for me. Not surprised you're not looking to do business with them again based on that response to something that falls to them as a mistake.

Like Erik said, there are other places to order your supplies. I'll give another vote to A180.co.uk. Be sure to use their DHL shipping/international courier option, as it will skip customs. It's worth paying a bit more so that your item doesn't sit in NYC for two weeks before being processed by customs. I've done a ton of business with them and have never had anything but the best service. They shipped me a set of darts where the Target Storm Point was loose and they refunded my whole order and refunded me my shipping fees (so I was able to send it back for free).
    majicman
    Private

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah guys thanks for the heads up on the other stores....I will give them a try.

And this wasn't meant to be a bash A-Z darts as most of my experiences were good just like you guys have mentioned. But then again....most of my orders were automated by the computer and I did not get to experience the personality of the employees.

This post was simply intended to make peeps think about where they spend there hard earned money.

Who knows.....A day with my old darts is better than a day at work.
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, we value honesty here.

I've never ordered from A180 but I've heard good things from them, on the other hand I've ordered from Red Dragon and for full disclosure should point out they sell the Team SEWA darts. However their service has been stellar and shipping fast and reasonably priced.
    KopRalph11
    Senior Moderator Team SEWA Original

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl at A180 is brilliant. You can just email them with an odd request and they will do their best to get it done for you. I wanted a very specific dart and Karl went out and found them for me. I was stunned as they had been discontinued for some 8 years. Agreed on Red Dragon. They always get their stuff sent asap.
    AZ has also been good to me. The one hiccup I had they replaced the order. I find them the best for specific items this side of the Pond.
    JohnP
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also ordered primarily (and lots of times) from A-Z over the last several years and have never had any problem. I've been in their store, too, several times and would say that experience was a bit different. Generally nothing really wrong, just not particularly friendly service. And the only time I've had any issue at all was one of those in-store times.

However, I still like A-Z and will continue to order from them for anything they stock. They've been flawless on every online order I've made, and the cheapest (or free) shipping gets my order to me in two days every time. (I live in a neighboring state.)

Another company I've had good experience with, albeit only once, was Darts Warehouse. Had a snafu with my order, which I think may have actually been my fault, and they gave me a store credit without me asking for it. Thought that was pretty cool of them. They're in New Zealand but offer free shipping for orders over $25, at least to the U.S. and several other countries. Being on the west coast, it didn't take too long for my order to get to me, think it was about a week or less.
    hammer
    Private

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll happily recommend Darts Warehouse, for great service and friendly staff. For some companies it's about the customer, not the profit, a rare thing in this day and age.
    scottyb1001
    General Scotty
    General Scotty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Majicman,

I wanted to take a moment to address your post.

Quote:

I made an order last Friday and it is now Sunday and my darts have not shipped.

Your order was placed on Friday at 3pm PST. Out cut off for same day shipping is 2pm PST. We do process some orders on the weekends, but orders that come in after cut off Friday generally do not go out until Monday.

Quote:

So....as a customer....I simply asked if my order could be upgraded to overnight shipping due to the fact that it not being shipped was of no fault of mine.

This order was not shipping until Monday as it came in after the cut off time Friday. There was no fault on anyone for it not going out until Monday.

Quote:

Employee quote ...well we had another customer order $2500 just today...

This is unacceptable behavior. This unfortunate instance has been brought to the attention of the employee in question and has been handled internally. In fact, we have changed a company policy because of the problem your issue has raised. Unless there is an Internet department employee available, we will only be taking messages on the weekends. And an Internet department rep will return messages once available.

I hope you understand our position on the shipping cut off time. This time of year we process about 100 orders a day. We truly value every one of our customers and when appropriate, concessions are made and rules are bent.

Our company was founded on customer satisfaction. The owners make sure we follow their lead in provide quality customer service. When mistakes happen, we will learn from it and take steps to make sure they do not happen in the future.

Kind regards,
    Scott Burnett
    General Manager
    www.A-ZDarts.com
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post Scotty, nice to see this clarified and as always A-Z demonstrates why they are the most trusted retailer in our poll.
    KopRalph11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto
    Billyjoel
    Private

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For UK players there's a great darts shop called H Perigo near Stockport
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> General Dart Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: