· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - Hobbies?
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Hobbies?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Non-Dart stuff
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Hobbies? Reply with quote

I'm bored today, so tell me, what are your hobbies outside of darts?

For me you probably know I run a portable sawmill, am building a cabin in the woods and do other things like hunting, fishing (when I can), shooting (not too much anymore) and generally all things outdoors.
    Squiggle
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skateboarding. Seriously! I'm 41 and I was really into it hardcore as a kid up until my mid 20's (I was in the Navy and they got pretty mad at me when I broke my wrist). I pulled the board out a few times over the years, but I had a job that I couldn't do if I got hurt so I wasn't able to skate for several years. I really got back into it a couple years ago. I got an office job (with handicap access, so if I get hurt, I could still do my job lol). I skate at the local skate parks with a bunch of kids usually (I have no kids of my own). It's always a fear of looking like a creepy old dude lingering around the skate park ha ha. Actually most of the younger skaters eventually got used to me and accept me as sort of "one of the guys". Most of their parents (mostly my age or Younger!) are really impressed that I can still do it and ask me questions about skating at my age.

There's a group of older guys here who get together when we can to skate and hang out. We call ourselves "Team Geritol". Everyone in the group is at least 35 or older. It's a lot of fun and great exercise. I'm trying to lose some weight and it certainly helps (as long as I don't hurt myself too badly!)

"Don't be a Douche Nozzle!"
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! I remember buying my first skateboard back around 1977....never got real good at it but enjoyed it. Now at 51 I wouldn't think of doing it! But it was fun when I was much younger!

For exercise I walk, ride a mountain bike or run my sawmill Wink
    Squiggle
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)
    SEWA Superuser (S-1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a couple guys I skate with who are in their 50's. One is a former pro and he's still pretty dang good! He owns a skate shop and teaches skate lessons. Mostly it's young kids, but he also teaches adult classes sometimes. It's so wild to see someone learning to skate for the first time in their 30's or older. There are so many "Gen X" guys who grew up skating and now have kids of their own that are getting into it. It's really cool when I see a father and son (or daughter) and the park skating together.

"Don't be a Douche Nozzle!"
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck my wife tells me I look like an old man riding my bike.....can't imagine what she'd say if I got on a skateboard!
    AmericanBadAss
    Senior Moderator Team SEWA Original

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on my truck, 2010 Toyota Tacoma. Mainly upgraded the stereo and lights, added side visors and bug guard, Weathertech liners, tint the rear window, and add the delay wiper mod.

Bikes..BMX/freestyle. Have 7 currently..didn't get to ride as much last year sadly.

Lifting weights.
    RIP Donnie Kelley..teammate, champion, and friend.
    AmericanBadAss

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squiggle wrote:
    Skateboarding. Seriously! I'm 41 and I was really into it hardcore as a kid up until my mid 20's (I was in the Navy and they got pretty mad at me when I broke my wrist). I pulled the board out a few times over the years, but I had a job that I couldn't do if I got hurt so I wasn't able to skate for several years. I really got back into it a couple years ago. I got an office job (with handicap access, so if I get hurt, I could still do my job lol). I skate at the local skate parks with a bunch of kids usually (I have no kids of my own). It's always a fear of looking like a creepy old dude lingering around the skate park ha ha. Actually most of the younger skaters eventually got used to me and accept me as sort of "one of the guys". Most of their parents (mostly my age or Younger!) are really impressed that I can still do it and ask me questions about skating at my age.

There's a group of older guys here who get together when we can to skate and hang out. We call ourselves "Team Geritol". Everyone in the group is at least 35 or older. It's a lot of fun and great exercise. I'm trying to lose some weight and it certainly helps (as long as I don't hurt myself too badly!)

I had a few boards when I was younger, wish I kept my Vision Gonzo and Nash Executioner.
    RIP Donnie Kelley..teammate, champion, and friend.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Non-Dart stuff All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: