· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - Calling all soft tip players!
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Calling all soft tip players!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Soft tip/Electronic Leagues
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    DaIceBerg
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Calling all soft tip players! Reply with quote

Even though this forum is buried at the bottom of the list I want to breath some life into it!

I live in North Dakota and you will have to search long and far to find a steel tip board in a bar. However just about every bar has a soft tip board or two. So as much as I would like to play competative steel tip, I am relegated to soft tip for the forseeable future.

Who else is like me and is primarily a soft tip player. Where do you play and what national organization do you belong to, if any?

I am currently in an NDA sanctioned league and am on the boarderline of masters. I should be there fairly soon.

So all soft tippers sign in here and lets get some discussions going in this forum again!
    Crash336
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok DaIceBerg, I won't leave you hanging with your post. I live in a primary steel tip area (Triad, NC) but the closest league is still an hour drives on a work night. ( I know this is nothing for some players - but I'm an old fart; 50)
    I started throwing soft tip and play weekly at two local bars. (Mebane, Burlington). I also vacation in Florida (lived 11 years there) and have no trouble playing LOD 5-6 times a week when I visit (Orlando, Tampa, Clearwater area)

As far a organization, I play Bullshooters when they come anywhere close (GA, SC)

Since I like to play darts (any style) when I travel.
    I have become a fan of L-Style hard lip converstion points, This way I don't have to carry two sets of darts and they do not interfer with the balance of my soft tip darts when I convert them.

Thread Ideas, home soft tip board
    favorite soft tip darts -
    Are asian darts worth the price ?
    favorite comercial brand to play on ?
    DaIceBerg
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Crash. Wasn't sure if anybody ever scrolled down this low Laughing

I recently picked up a set of the L-Style tips for my soft tip darts and I love them. I recently hung up my steel board again to use for practice for my soft tip game since the targets are smaller. Has really made a difference. The soft tip targets just look huge when I step to the line now.

Certainly need to get some more discussions going on in this forum!
    smokinjoe
    Private

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in the same boat. I live in southern mn and have never seen a steel tip board everything is soft tip. Ijust started playing league this year because my brother needed a guy and i fell in love with it. We have one week left and clinched 1st place. I will be playing in my first reginal tournament next month and next year i will be going to moma tourney that i believe is a nda tourney. Any tips for a newb is always welcome.

Joe
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might not be far behind as I'm moving to a town that has no steel that I know of and it's getting harder and harder to convince pubs to put in steel boards...as such I'm seriously contemplating picking up the SEWA softies and giving it a go.
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokinjoe wrote:
    Im in the same boat. I live in southern mn and have never seen a steel tip board everything is soft tip. Ijust started playing league this year because my brother needed a guy and i fell in love with it. We have one week left and clinched 1st place. I will be playing in my first reginal tournament next month and next year i will be going to moma tourney that i believe is a nda tourney. Any tips for a newb is always welcome.

Joe

Remember: fun first.

One of the biggest challenges of competitive darts is to not lose yourself in the competition!
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Soft tip/Electronic Leagues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: