· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - Dartslive in Massachusetts?
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Dartslive in Massachusetts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Places to Play
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    calebjkeen
    Dart Gunny
    Dart Gunny

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Dartslive in Massachusetts? Reply with quote

I saw on the Dartslive website that there are now a few machines around the state (Worcester, Abington and Yarmouth). I also saw a post on Facebook that Jillian's Billiards in Worcester is running a super league with qualification to Vegas available. Does anyone know if Dartslive is looking to enter the Boston market, or if they have a sales rep actively working the area?
    GT
    SEWA Moderator (S-4)
    SEWA Moderator (S-4)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Curtin is a DartsLive regional rep for our area, I don't know how the area is defined, but I think the machines in all the places you mentioned are ones that he installed. I don't know about Jillian's and what they have.

I'm pretty sure they would like to enter the Boston market, but not sure how they will overcome what caused all the other companies who have tried this before them to fail.

Steel is just so dominant in our local culture, but never before has there been a machine like DL that people seem to have a demand for.

Minute Man Dart League, Inc.
    World's Largest Steel Tip League
    http://www.mmdl.org

DartConnect
    Most Advanced Scoring & Stats Platform for Steel Tip
    http://www.dartconnect.com
    calebjkeen
    Dart Gunny
    Dart Gunny

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT wrote:
    I'm pretty sure they would like to enter the Boston market, but not sure how they will overcome what caused all the other companies who have tried this before them to fail.

Dartslive seems like a much more straightforward value proposition than steel tip darts, especially for venues that aren't traditional steel tip venues but do cater to pool or also carry coin-op entertainments (Big Buck Hunter, skee ball etc.) at the bar. I'm not sure about the insurance requirements, but I've been led to believe that steel tip requires a pretty hefty insurance premium that would not be the case for soft-tip.

The soft-tip machines also don't require as much space, are already plugged into the Web and social networks/the app culture, the 'idiot factor' of drunk guys with sharp objects isn't a problem, the game seems more 'arcadey' and more immediately familiar to new players, there are lots of accessories that no one in the area possesses that could be sold etc. If there were Dartslive machines to play on you can imagine how quickly I'd have a set of Monster barrels and a bunch of new Fit Flight stuff to play with.

It's really hard for me to imagine someone opening up a new venue who would feature steel-tip darts as something they would highlight about their business. There's just too little tangible return on that investment and hence too high of an opportunity cost for the space and care that's required to feature steel tip. This may not be the case in the Southern/Northern/Western suburbs where space isn't as much of a premium as rents aren't as high.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Places to Play All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: