· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - Jogging.... or Cycling???
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Jogging.... or Cycling???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Non-Dart stuff
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    RP_BILL
    Dart Gunny
    Dart Gunny

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Jogging.... or Cycling??? Reply with quote

Which do you prefer?? Jogging or cycling??? Well, for those of you who simply can't decide, have a look at this!!

Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xjxg1Y7q8w

Just when you think you have seen it all. LOL.
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jogycling?
    CraigB
    Spam Killer and Admin
    Spam Killer and Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, ok. Tried back in the 1,800's and then improved upon by adding pedals - yeah. Rolling Eyes
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Cycling I finally got my Specialized mountain bike fixed/serviced (it had been idle for about 12 years!) and went on my second ride today Very Happy

7 miles today at 10.2mph so I'm happy with that! My HR was up at 152bpm a couple minutes after the ride but that's to be expected.

I've decided to ride more and walk less on my quest to lose weight (trying to lose 69 more pounds having lost about 17 so far).

I walked 185+ miles before I started riding and injured my foot (planter faciitus) doing it so will be riding until the tendon heals and then will both walk and ride.

No jogging planned though! lol
    RP_BILL
    Dart Gunny
    Dart Gunny

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I still had my bike. I got rid of it a few years ago because I didn't use it that much, but lately I've been wanting to get back into it. We were doing some "spring cleaning" a while back, and I put it on the curb in front of the house with a "Free to Good Home" sign on it, and someone took it within a half an hour. Soon after, I began to regret my decision, but I never got around to looking for another bike. Maybe this year. We'll see.
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can afford it the new mountain bikes are much better! The Specialized Hard Rock I ride (2001 model) is a good bike but for $440 the new ones can be had and they are basically the $2000 bikes of 2001! pretty sweet if you ask me Wink
    RP_BILL
    Dart Gunny
    Dart Gunny

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik wrote:
    If you can afford it the new mountain bikes are much better! The Specialized Hard Rock I ride (2001 model) is a good bike but for $440 the new ones can be had and they are basically the $2000 bikes of 2001! pretty sweet if you ask me Wink

That is pretty good. If I do end up getting one again, I will likely get something on the cheaper side. I know that some of these things can run up to a few thousand dollars, if you get into the top of the line stuff. Something comfortable and decent in the $300-$500 range will likely be what I am looking for.

Then again, I've also been strongly considering the purchase of a canoe, especially with warmer spring weather (and thusly, fishing) quickly approaching. I love to hit the local lakes and ponds, and toss a line for a few hours. My buddy has a nice Old Town that we take out quite often, and he has no problem letting me borrow it, if I ever need to, but I would certainly like to get one of my own. It looks like I will have to weigh my options and check my finances. LOL.
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh yes! I love my 16 foot canoe and losing weight will only make it better Smile

Nothing beats the freedom on a small quiet lake!

I find the older Hard Rocks are still great bikes and you could probably pick one up cheap on craigs'slist. Mine, after sitting for about 10 years or more (outside) needed $250 with of parts and labor (trued the wheels, had it tore down, cleaned up, put back together, new seat and grips etc etc) but is nearly good as new now!

Great bikes if you ask me Smile
    DEREK
    SEWA Moderator (S-3)
    SEWA Moderator (S-3)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I ride a lot. We each have a couple bikes and do everything from XC cruising to downhill. The more rocks and roots the better...nothing more fun than screaming through the woods at 30+ miles an hour and leaving the ground.
    Here is a good shot of us riding one of the trails we built on the south shore...I am in the back on the log ride and she just came off the drop to the left of the split...awesome photo taken by one of our trail building friends..

I will try to load a few videos...we often use our gopro cameras when we ride something fun.

http://theglass.dartplayer.net
    http://twitter.com/d_ewellTheGlass
    Ross Maan
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Cycling Reply with quote

I'll take my bike these days.
    I put together a "fixie" type recently.. wayyy too muh fun with now brakes. lol
    Slender009
    Private

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just fall of my bike today, i`m fine but my bike is heading for the graveyard Crying or Very sad
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Non-Dart stuff All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: