· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - Are American Dart Pros Dropping the Ball?
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Are American Dart Pros Dropping the Ball?
    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> "Straight Shooting"
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    GeorgeSilberzah
    General Silberzahn
    General Silberzahn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgeSilberzah wrote:
    Robot wrote:
    KopRalph11 wrote:
    Robbie Phillips is heading to the UK to play in the Winmau World Masters. I wonder if anyone stateside has even approached him for product exposure deals. However small its better then having empty shirt space.

This is coming 100% out of my pocket. Evil or Very Mad
    , I have no clue what they're looking for. I thought I did, but from what I've seen I must be way off. I in no way think I'm the best dart player or person out there, but I think I'd give myself a decent score in both. I've seen sponsored players with less talent, and little to no class embarrassing our game, much less the logo on their shirt. I'm just happy I can make enough to afford to play the game I love.We need to hit the colleges. I have plans to start something in my area, (Duke, UNC, NC State) but I don't have the free time right now.

It's all about point of sale advertising (when talking about taverns and bars). It's not complicated. Each dart league I know which is not stagnating has at least one, but usually not more than five, people who have data about the impact of darts on the bottom line of a business, burning up time and shoe leather putting that information in front of people who may benefit from it. Mostly that's in taverns and bars, which are not 'trendy' by and large, but can be many other types, from beauty shops to auto repair shops. Give the business person this information and they'll act on it. The creativity of the sales person for Darts is a big deal in this.
    Dollars invested vs exposure to potential customers is the simple equation. This work must go from the bottom up, not from the top down. Bottom being league memebers and top being 'pros.' This means you have to have the league members first in order to have something to offer.
    Go out and get more people playing the game. This is the hard work which is not being done. It's what is happening in Asia on a higher business level. They discovered an attraction (soft tip machines) which puts people in places of business, which sells to business persons. The money is not in flights and shafts and such. It's in membership dues, price to play(quarters in machines) and products purchased (libations and food in taverns and bars).
    The challenge to steel tip is to find what is attractive to non-dart people then learn how to put that before them so they become dart people.
    Talking about tournaments, championships and such is preaching to the choir.
    There is no coorelation between successful tournaments and league membership growth
    I've done this ground work and know what it takes to develop league membership and the interest of business people who may get more customers in their place of business due to their association with Darts.
    The time and effort that needs to be put in is simply not being done.

Bumped so anyone who is posting opinion might become motivated to do something.
    Developer: Player's Tournament
    ae37
    SEWA Moderator (S-6)
    SEWA Moderator (S-6)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDNY wrote:
    You know what I see 1st hand?

A lot of so called "american pro's" that are sponsored posting pics of their hotel room dresser. And what's on top of it. A full bar. Rolling Eyes

Now I said "a lot". Not all.

Talking about how much you drink at tournaments as a sponsored player certainly doesn't go over well... in my eyes anyway.

In fact, I can't think of many that post positive pics on Facebook. The ball room, some players in action, etc... Would be nice to see some of that stuff.

A fridge full of jello shots doesn't interest me.

Just sayin...

AMEN

DPNY-Dart Players New York
    Tournament Director
    dartplayersnewyork.com
    Shannonmiles
    Go Navy Darter
    Go Navy Darter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dart playing monks…… I think this just might have legs……. Have the walk on be to a Gregorian Chant. There is NO way people want to see themselves in their heroes!…… They don’t want to see regular guys with a great talent. They don’t want their darting heroes to be flawed in any way....... that is why in the lore of the game of darts guys like Jocky Wilson and Eric Bristow et al are held in such low regard……… They WANT and DESERVE antiseptic clean cut darting robots that are politically correct at all times. Can I get an Amen!!!!!!!!!

They say that Nero fiddled while Rome burned

Screws fall out all of the time, the world is an imperfect place. John Bender
    Agent5432
    DART SGT. MAJOR
    DART SGT. MAJOR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are the USA pro dart players that make enough money to travel and promote the sport of darts?

Does any USA player support a family playing darts?

To do what Paul does, you would basically have to make enough money to support a family to promote darts the way he does, because darts is going to be your new family.
    GeorgeSilberzah
    General Silberzahn
    General Silberzahn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question How many dart leagues hold exhibition type matches to bulid a fan base within their league? Mine does not.
    How many leagues hold any type of event aimed at building a fan base? Mine does not.
    I have emailed the Pres. of my league asking about this and am waiting for a response.
    Developer: Player's Tournament
    Dart_talker
    Senior Moderator
    Senior Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgeSilberzah wrote:
    Question How many dart leagues hold exhibition type matches to bulid a fan base within their league? Mine does not.
    How many leagues hold any type of event aimed at building a fan base? Mine does not.
    I have emailed the Pres. of my league asking about this and am waiting for a response.

We try to make a point of doing something to build interest in darts at least twice a year... darts clinics, exhibitions and charity events.
    ADO Area 2-2 Facebook page
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> "Straight Shooting" All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Goto page Previous  1, 2
    Page 2 of 2

Jump to: