· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - Conduct at the Oche
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Conduct at the Oche

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> PORTLAND AREA Dart Association (PADA)
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    SWA2873
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Conduct at the Oche Reply with quote

Saturday there were two non PADA sanctioned events in the greater metropolitan area. I attended one which I left early due to the conduct of another player whom I considered a friend. They were not happy over a decision that was ultimately made by those running the event and blamed me. so as a consequence and wanting to make things right for them I decided to withdraw.

All attempts to smooth things over including this decision were met with loud profane tirades during which I could not get a word in edgewise. these finally terminated with threats of violence on the part of the other player direct towards me.

I learned last night that at the other event a couple of players apparently overindulged in alcohol and sexually assaulted another participant. This precipitated an altercation. The husband of the victim in this case took exception to seeing someones hand in his wife's pants.

I guess this is just an extension of the kind of behavior you can expect from a society that has lost its moral base. Admittedly these were not PADA events but at least a couple of the miscreants here play at events sponsored by this organization.

I strongly suggest that there be some sort of code of conduct in the league bylaws and that it be enforced. In fact I insist on it.

As for those who were responsible for these incidents? You should clean up your act. There is a limit to what is acceptable behavior.

I am thoroughly disgusted and have been playing in league for a few years now. This kind of thing just saps all my enthusiasm for the game.

How do you think a new person would feel when they see this kind of thing happen? How about non-dart players? Hell of a way to promote the sport.

We have a bad enough time with the notion that darts is a "game" in which one consumes alcohol to the point of being in a stupor and then throws darts at the bullseye.
    CannonFodder
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy to say that I have not seen anything as bad as that in the 4 years I've been playing in my local league (or in the tournaments I've attended). I would place the blame of these actions solely on the individuals that performed those acts. Idiots exist everywhere, and definitely in all periods of time! I am definitely a believer that Chivalry is not dead amongst fellow darts players. Getting rid of the bad seeds by banning them from the tournament or suspending them from the league a few weeks sure seems appropriate in this case.
    Fletcher
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: DRA Reply with quote

Well. if you ever do get a Darts Regulatory Agency together, there are a number of folks I would be pleased to see in the dock. What it comes down to is - the only way somebody can be disqualified from play is if they are 86'd from the etablishment where the tournament is being held.

As you know, I've had serious problems with player conduct (including physical assualt) over the last year or so and about the only thing to do is avoid those involved. So, I simply moved over to soft tip to get away from the local problems in steel tip. I've had a lot of fun playing soft tip and there just doesn't seem to be as many issues that come up in soft. For one thing, the machines pretty much regulate the game, which makes for fewer issues coming up.

See you at the Hangout.

Fletcher
    Fletcher
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Get a grip Reply with quote

Sam,

I just got a full report on what happened and I must say that you need to get a hold of yourself. There is nothing that happened at this shoot that requires any action other than - Calm down. Darts are Darts. Don't make more of it than necesary.

Cheers and hope to see you at the Oche soon.

Fletcher
    SWA2873
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Fletcher I have talked to the person who was assaulted and her husband and I have to disagree.

What happened there is not part of darts.
    SOUPR
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know what you are talking about.
    Would you PM me with this assault Sam, I did not hear about that.
    Andrew Campbell
    Isaac
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fletcher seems to be talking mainly about one event, and Sam brought up two. I am thinking he is probably thinking of the one that you are not, Sam.

Reality for mingling dreams to scurry back and get in line.
    View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
    SOUPR
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it is hard to figure out what is being said in these forums.
    Mostly just personal opinions about what that particular person views.
    Andrew Campbell

Last edited by SOUPR on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    niles
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of the events that you are talking about Sam, but in principle I totally agree that the local darts community should do everything they can to control bad behavior at the oche. Our reputation depends on it, as does our general enjoyment of the game.

Cheers, Niles
    CraigB
    Spam Killer and Admin
    Spam Killer and Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Niles, didn't you notice your Photobucket account has a very short half-life? Laughing
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> PORTLAND AREA Dart Association (PADA) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: