· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - Goodbye Shoot
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Goodbye Shoot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> PORTLAND AREA Dart Association (PADA)
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Thomas
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Goodbye Shoot Reply with quote

As some of you might know already, my days in Portland are down to less than 100. Yesterday I got my confirmation for my new job back in Germany, which I will start most likely on December 1st. I will miss a lot of very good people and for sure some very special friends I made through my 1 year and 9 months here in PDX. I will always feel as one of the PDX shooter as long as I will play darts. Because of this I think about to arrange a Goodbye Shoot for all those great sportsmen I met here. I would like to make it to an really good event and I want to get some opinions for it.

Should I make it to an invitational event? On one hand I would like to, but as well I don't want to hinder any Dartoholic to attend the event even if I didn't met him before.

Should I make a Singles shoot or a Blind Draw? I would like to go for a Singles as it would fade away my intent I brought in with my ranking series.

Another idea which came into my mind was that I do a mix up between Softtip and Steeltip. I have so much good friends in both parties of the dart scene that I would like to run this tourney with both kind of players. I would definitely figure out a fun way to combine both versions!

It would be great if you guys give me some opinions so that I can start working to prepare the shoot

Cheers

Thomas
    View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
    Thorn
    Gunner
    Gunner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Thomas, we'll miss you when you're gone--you brought such good enthusiasm and energy, especially through the singles leagues that I participated in...

First of all, I think it should be called the Tchuss Shoot (where's that damn umlaut key?!?). Fyi everyone else, "tchuss" is an informal goodbye in German, more like "see you soon/later"...

Second, maybe it should be a private shoot--maybe you want to invite the people you know best, and see if you can get 16 players to commit for say $20 each, then we could really throw some high-level darts...

A Blind Draw would also be cool though--I'm sure the A&L would put some money in...as you think about it, be sure to consider that it's NCAA and NFL season, so maybe aim for a weeknight...
    JohnP
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I didn't know your time here was limited, Thomas.

I think you should make it singles, in honor of your well-liked singles league, and Invitational, so you don't have to lose to anyone you don't know Twisted Evil (Just teasing).

People might be more inclined to show up if they're specifically invited. For example, if you invite me, I'll make an effort to show up and play. If it's an Open tourny, I'll probably show up too late to play and just watch Very Happy

Seriously, though, I'd keep the entry fee low if it's singles and you want lower-level players to play. A big entry fee might scare them off.

And, screw the sports freaks - if they aren't willing to tape the game watch it later to play your tourny, then they aren't worth having there.
    Thorn
    Gunner
    Gunner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good feedback JP! But, I still think a healthy fee is going to draw better players--I'd be happy to lose my money for some lessons and to support the SchuesterMeister. It's up to you TS--a big open tourney with a range of skills and lower fees, or a smaller group of tough players and higher fees...I know you want a little revenge on the better PADAers before you go... Laughing
    Fletcher
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Fun Shoot Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that you are leaving us, Thomas.

What you might want to consider is having two shoots on the same day. One of the funnest days I ever had in darts was shooting at the A&L in the afternoon and then shooting soft tip at Katie's Backyard in the evening.

We could call it the Thomas Goin' Back to Germany Two Fer.

Fletcher
    AMC
    Private

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"screw the money" invite only the people you enjoyed playing with or against. You made friends here so hang out with your friends and make a day out of it 2 shoots sound great i love that idea, anyway if i don't get to see ya before you go all best man it was great playing with you and also against ya more dart stories to tell.
    SOUPR
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas, all kidding aside it has been very nice having you here in our dart community and just here. You have done a lot for the whole in a very short time, with just your singles seris you were able to get a lot of people out having a good time.

What more can you ask? You have been great fun to many of us. You will be sorely missed.

Good luck with your new job, hope you have a good life for you and your family back in Germany.

You still have a few months here so lets have some fun with it.
    Andrew Campbell
    JohnP
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fletcher's two-shoot idea is a great one - the best of both worlds, and would probably have the best chance of you getting to see the people you want.
    Thomas
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMC, you know that I really don't care about money, even if I should LOL. The idea about the shoot is just to say BYE to all the people who gave me a good time here in PDX. You definitely will be one of those guys I would like to have with me at this final shoot!
    View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
    Isaac
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for this shoot. but don't wanna see you go!

Always seems to be a good time throwing with you, and like everyone else, I loved what I played of your rankings series! Great work and good luck with everything you do in the future! =D

Reality for mingling dreams to scurry back and get in line.
    View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
    Thomas
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I made my decision and I guess it will be a real fun tourney. The only point which is not sure yet is the date. Here some facts how it will work

1. Location is either the A&L or Irishtown, because we need 4 bristel- and 4 Softtip-boards

2. We will play just Cricket at this day

3. We will start with a round robin

4. In the round robin every game will be 2 legs of cricket, but 1 leg on the steeltip board and 1 leg on the softtip board.

5. We will have a A/B draw without any handicap rule - I will judge the A and B players by my experience NOT by league - OF COURSE I'M B Cool Laughing

6. In the knock out system we will play best of 3 until the semi final. The winner of the diddle will either shoot first or decides the board to start. The loser of the bull will take the opposite benefit.

7. I think about 10 Dollar per person entry fee - maybe I adjust

8. This is supposed to be a fun tourney!!!

I will invite people but as well I will be happy about every single dartoholic who joins us. The reason for is that I don't want to forget anybody and in case I really did so, people shouldn't be mad but just come!!!

So I hope that everybody will enjoy this DIFFERENT kind of shoot, even it hurts some peoples dart principles

Cheers

Thoma
    SOUPR
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the format did you say Winner of diddle choose either steel or softtip and the next game would be the other choice????

That might get a little confusing as to jumping around from board to board to play..................Maybe we split the round robyn into 2 sections and run a group on steel the other on soft, them when they are done switch and play on the other. Maybe just 1 game on each type of board. Or if you want 1 game of cricket & 1 game of 501, just have the top 8 come out that are in the money??? That would be 4 from each section.
    Might take a little longer, but we are going to have fun, right?

Just a thought.

Also Thomas I would make myself available to run this for you so you could have the full effect of being able to play and enjoy.

$10 entry is more than fair. Maybe the location will chip in if we can get a big group.

I can also talk to Jimmy @ Irishtown on Thursday about holding it there, If you would like me too.
    Andrew Campbell
    Thorn
    Gunner
    Gunner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOUPR, you are super. Thomas, I can't wait...maybe I'll finally use my changeable-tip darts in a formal soft tip shoot....

Plus, practice my Deutsch...
    Isaac
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooh! Isaac gets to try some soft tip!! Very Happy

Reality for mingling dreams to scurry back and get in line.
    View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
    ChristinaO
    SEWA Moderator (S-3)
    SEWA Moderator (S-3)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas wrote:
    OK, I made my decision and I guess it will be a real fun tourney. The only point which is not sure yet is the date. Here some facts how it will work

1. Location is either the A&L or Irishtown, because we need 4 bristel- and 4 Softtip-boards

Christina wrote:
    Thomas - I wasn't able to get in touch with Angelo this morning and considering we are having the Bragging Rights Event the weekend of November 14th, I think it would be a good idea to try to "share the wealth" with Irishtown.

Not that I would ever discourage anyone from hosting an event at A&L Wink

Thomas - I finally got in touch with Angelo, I actually even met with him in person! Shocking Shocked

He would be more than happy to have your event at A&L....now you have options Razz
    Thomas
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, all this sounds very promising to me. I guess the date should be 21st of November now. The location???

I will talk with Andy to Jimmy this thursday as we have the pleasure to beat the Dubliners this week Wink

CU tomorrow, Andy!
    SWA2873
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Thomas;

Can I come too?

Sam
    ChristinaO
    SEWA Moderator (S-3)
    SEWA Moderator (S-3)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWA2873 wrote:
    Hi Thomas;

Can I come too?

Sam

Hi Sam!
    I can't speak for Thomas' Goodbye Shoot (he hasn't invited me so I shouldn't invite anyone else, right?? Razz) but you are more than welcome at Bragging Rights on November 14th!
    Thomas
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWA2873 wrote:
    Hi Thomas;

Can I come too?

Sam

EVERYBODY IS WELCOME, SAM - but you're for sure!

I will send out invitations soon!
    ChristinaO
    SEWA Moderator (S-3)
    SEWA Moderator (S-3)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas wrote:
    SWA2873 wrote:
    Hi Thomas;

Can I come too?

Sam

EVERYBODY IS WELCOME, SAM - but you're for sure!

I will send out invitations soon!

Sam - I'm sure you will get a great draw and have an awesome time...

I have some knitting to catch up on, it will work out since I haven't been invited to the going away shoot, I suck anyway so some top (A) player is getting a deal that day Razz
    Thomas
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let's make it official!!!

I love to invite you guys to my last event here in PDX, but in case I forgot somebody, just show up, because I can't think about every single good guy I had a good time with here in Portland during darts. I hope that you keep me in mind and you don't chase me out of town, when I will come back for a visit!

November 21st - 3pm - at the Irishtown

1. Location is at Irishtown, because we need 4 bristel- and 4 Softtip-boards

2. We will play just Cricket at this day

3. We will start with 1 round robin

4. In the round robin every game will be 2 legs of cricket, but 1 leg on the steeltip board and 1 leg on the softtip board.

5. We will have a performance draw without any handicap rule - I will judge the rating of the players by my experience NOT by league - OF COURSE I'M in the Beginners level - LOL - a little bit more detailed info about this. I won't have just a A/B draw but a ABCD. Every A has to play with a D and B will play with a C player. This will make the competition even more equal

6. In the knock out system we will play best of 3 until the semi final. The winner of the diddle will either shoot first or decides the board to start. The loser of the bull will take the opposite benefit.

7. 10 Dollar per person entry fee - complete payout

8. This is supposed to be a fun tourney!!!

This is for the SEWANAUTS!!! I sent already a lot invitations through Facebook
    Thomas
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to change the date

07.November is the new one!

BTW - Thanks to AMC to move his shoot to another day!
    Thomas
    Dart Corporal
    Dart Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So ALL YOU PORTLAND SEWANAUTS

Please come to my shoot this Saturday at the Irishtown!!! Sign up 3.00pm

Looking forward to see you all!
    Thorn
    Gunner
    Gunner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hopin' to be there TS! And drag a few more thorns with me!

You have been such a plus to the league and the local dart scene and SEWA. It's going to be sad to see you go, in the literal sense--I know you'll stay online with SEWA and keep us informed about your dart experiences in Deutschland.

Also, there's not enough hype for this shoot. Here, I'll help...

C'mon PADA, Portland and the greater PacNW! This is a great chance to play in an awesome, unique, unusual bonus event. Thomas has been great for the local scene--a newcomer to Portland with lots of dart experience from an international perspective, who single-handedly--no pun intended--mustered the mojo to make a singles league get revived in the PADA. What an outgoing and personable fellow, and husband, and father. As someone who has tried to run their own shoots, I have to give Thomas credit, for his enthusiasm and format design. His influence on fellow players and the league was nothing less than positive.

On a lighter note, I still think it should be re-named the "Tchüss Shoot"--cuz, thanks to the internet and SEWA, you'll never be out of reach...

Hope to see lots of folks Saturday. This is going to be a soft-steel combo right?! How original--it'll be worth the drive folks. Let's hope that many turn out for this special special event.

First fellow SEWAnaut to call me Thorn gets a Bräu on me...

(See Thomas? Hype. Genau. Wink )
    SOUPR
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas sorry to report I won't be able to attend your Shoot. I also will be working Friday night as well so I won't be able to shoot with you in softtip.
    This just came up today, so I have to do what I can for me and mine. I will also be working Sunday so I can't play my NDA league.
    This working is really getting tough on my Dart play.
    Andrew Campbell
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> PORTLAND AREA Dart Association (PADA) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: