· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - Bob Anderson Tour Raffle
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Bob Anderson Tour Raffle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Site Information and Questions
    View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Raffle Items be Open to anyone?
    Nah, make em show up to win.
    50%
     50%  [ 2 ]
    Heck ya, why not!?
    25%
     25%  [ 1 ]
    Doesn't matter
    25%
     25%  [ 1 ]
    Total Votes : 4

Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Bob Anderson Tour Raffle Reply with quote

Hey Gang,

I wanted to ask this question of you to see what the reactions would be: Should the raffle items (the big ones) for the Bob Anderson Tour be open to anyone? Need not be present to win?

We're talking about a Circumluminator Light at EACH show and a Dart-Stop Backboard at EACH show! These are high dollar highly desirable items that will be raffled off at each of the 4 shows but I am seriously thinking of opening up the raffle to anyone interested.

Of course this would mean anyone in the Continental USA to keep shipping costs down if won by someone living on the East Coast but it is a consideration.

What are your thoughts?
    Thanks
    Erik
    Dart_talker
    Senior Moderator
    Senior Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have some items up for raffle for the Priestley Exhibiton, and that is an issue that we have to settle as well.

1. If anyone can win more money will be generated by the raffle and costs related to the event are more likely to be covered.

2. OK let's throw it open to the Continental US (in reality this would be family friends and patrons of the local sponsors establishments). Hmmm.... shipping cost are covered by? And the people at the venue hear a name of a person that they don't recognize (and maybe never heard of) and wonder is this fair? After all I came out to the venue and supported the event.

3. OK let's throw it open to everyone but you must be present to win....
    That way anyone who want's to support the event can have a method of getting it done..... and maybe more people will attend if only to see if they won anything....
    But what if someone who attends every league event buys a ticket and wins, but was unable to attend do to a real family emergency.....

The list of arguements was rather long, but those were the only ones I thought were worth listening to and thinking about.
    ADO Area 2-2 Facebook page
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most raffles I have participated in you didn't have to be present to win.

Perhaps becuase of the reason you mentioned above.

Opening the raffle up to folks all over the US not only should increase ticket sales, but the increase in sales will pay for the shipping. So that should work fine.

Personally, I am thinking it should be open to all and anyone, after all, if you really want the item you can buy more tickets (though that is not a garauntee).

At the Mid-Columbia Open we had one person win from the local pool (and they bought probably 50 tickets!) and one from out of town win (I thnk he bought a dozen or so). However, I have seen folks win with just one ticket.

Also, remember that at the Bob Anderson Raffle there will be two 'big ticket' items at each show. The tickets will be sold 'show specific' so anyone from out of town would have to decide which show to buy tickets for or get them for all shows. (this is being done to make it easier to account for the cost of each show).

Anyway, I'm seriously thinking of opening up ticket sales for the raffle items to anyone in the USA, this will go a long way to help paying for the shows I think, and it will give each of YOU a chance to participate in some way.

Thoughts?
    Erik
    Dart_talker
    Senior Moderator
    Senior Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when are you putting up the PayPal link???? Wink
    ADO Area 2-2 Facebook page
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be VERY soon...but have to finalize some minor details first and the league has to 'approve' the sale since our little Tri-Cities league is the only one willing to do this sort of thing (the big city leagues won't help 'officially' for some reason).

Erik
    ogreoftheoche
    Dart Staff Sergeant
    Dart Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pros and cons for both, but since I don"t live in the great northwest anymore and there is really no steel tip action in my area I vote for anyone can buy tickets Laughing ,Eric put me down for 10, I'll even pay shipping if I win.
    Erik
    COMMANDANT
    COMMANDANT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a deal.

I plan to have them ordered very soon and will post here when they are available.

Cheers
    Erik
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Site Information and Questions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: