· SEWA Team Darts
    · Halex Envy
    · Blade 4
    · Laro Carbon Shaft
    · SightRight
    · Fit Flight soft tips
    · Fit shafts/Flights

Refuel
    Designed by yours truly. Made by the best! These are the darts I've played with since 2005!

Dartplayer Dot Net :: View topic - Would you play these tourneys?
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Would you play these tourneys?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Tournaments and Competition
    View previous topic :: View next topic  

WOuld you play qualifiers (Read Post First)
    Yes
    81%
     81%  [ 9 ]
    No
    18%
     18%  [ 2 ]
    Total Votes : 11

Rocky
    Senior Moderator
    Senior Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Would you play these tourneys? Reply with quote

Ive been throwing around the thought of different tourenys..... and ive come up with this one, as has been done in the past in other places so i want to know if YOU as a darter would be willing to do these tourneys.. heres the idea:

Get 10 clubs, bars, legions, whatever involved, Play Qualifers, $10.00 each player,Singles, ROund robin 3 of 5 or 2 of 3 rounds, Top 4 get pass to the finals a month later (or what ever time line chosen), Do this with the 10 clubs, each club gets 4 players to move on.

You could also do this for doubles, $5.00 per player same format..

then after ALL the wualifiers are finished, do a set date for the final rounds, One club hosting, Play the Round Robins, best 3 of 5 till only 2 doubles and 2 singles are left...For the final play best of 11 legs (this is where the real compitition starts), Winners take ALL....

So in the end , IF you only had 10 players at each qualifier, you would still bring$100.00 per singles and if you had 10 doubles $50.00 each club would bring in (All money sent in to the hosting club for the finals payout)
    times this by 10 clubs thats $1000 for the finals and $500 for doubles.. OR vise versa.... charge 10 for the doubles and 5 for the singles, either way the final payout would be good,
    Payout the top 3 for each event,

Would it be worth it to you as a player to play these qualifiers?, not much of a cost but yet a great payout....

The reason im thinking this is i would like to get more tourneys going in the area, and seing how many darters there is, I could have many clubs hosting the qualifiers, the more the better the payout..

this is also the way im thinking of running the JP night next year a little different but with the same idea!

So what do you think? I realize this has probley been done before but why cant this be a usual event?, All over the place?, Id spend the time doing it !

Let me know your thoughts!
    Steven Ringer Wilcox, #1 WDF RANKED YOUTH IN NORTH AMERICA...WAY TO GO STEVEN

Last edited by Rocky on Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Pepsidiltz
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a sweet idea. A pub can have more than one team to go to mulitpul events. I think this would take off if set in motion.
    Rocky
    Senior Moderator
    Senior Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

once a team has qualified then that would be their only need to play till the final day, But if the teams that didnt qualify yes they would be able to jump to other venues to try again, that just means paying again thats all...

I think this would do well, this is kinda like the Festival Of Darts in Calgary, though im not sure if thats still going or not , but along th same format, but in smaller areas... , If it went good for the first while, add more into it...
    rob
    Chief Gunner
    Chief Gunner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would want a longer format even in the early rounds. with only 10 people it wouldnt amount to much time anyways.
    yeah it is big payout for only $10 BUT you have to beat 100 people indirectly to get that $1000 payout. not very good odds no matter how good you are if you run into hot darts in a short format.

Chitown599
    2017 Site Sponsor and Senior Mod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a great idea. The only thing I would change is, have JP night in Mass. so I can go. Laughing Laughing Laughing
    2010/11 Fall S.A. State champions, Makin Treble
    Presently not playing
    Rocky
    Senior Moderator
    Senior Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob wrote:
    i would want a longer format even in the early rounds. with only 10 people it wouldnt amount to much time anyways.
    yeah it is big payout for only $10 BUT you have to beat 100 people indirectly to get that $1000 payout. not very good odds no matter how good you are if you run into hot darts in a short format.

Not saying you cant have a longer format, this would depend on hpow many played, 10 was the minimum number to have qualifiers, If only 10 then sure go with a mych longer format, id even be wiling to go with as many as 11 legs, this would all depend on number of entrants...

Chi....i think the fee triples when he crosses the boarder...lolget yer wallet out!
    Chitown599

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
    If I'm not mistaken, Rocky said 10 clubs, not limit it to ten players per club, Rocky? As for not having very good odds because you have to beat 100 players to win, how many players do you think you have to go through to win a singles or doubles tournament anywhere else? Most tournaments will have close to 200 players if not more in singles, and at least 50 or more teams in doubles.
    2010/11 Fall S.A. State champions, Makin Treble
    Presently not playing
    Nailz
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your onto a great idea.
    Or you could make it into a regional challenge too, similar to the Trillium league use to be, there seems to be a lot of interest in getting that going again.
    rob
    Chief Gunner
    Chief Gunner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah chi tournaments will have a lot of players/ wins needed but they also pay out to top 64, 32, or 16. rocky i believe is proposing winner take all...

Rocky
    Senior Moderator
    Senior Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF...... there were only 10 players per 10 clubs.... then th epayout would go to the top 3 or so..BUT, IF more attended then yes, payout more.....Only at the finals...

The reason id do this is because this would bring out the dedicated Players that wanted to really play good darts, and have good compition, it wouldnt bring out the shoot once a year players, thats fer sure!
    dwalsh
    SEWA Moderator (S-6)
    SEWA Moderator (S-6)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only 10 bucks-play darts Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    2013 MMDL CRICKET GOLD CHAMPION
    2013 WORLD MASTERS PARTICIPANT HULL ENGLAND
    Rocky
    Senior Moderator
    Senior Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXACTLY Dave, Exactly, for ten dollars, you get lots of darts and a good chance of winning lots.......besides, its fun!
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dartplayer Dot Net Forum Index -> Tournaments and Competition All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: